Hackberry, LA, US
Hackberry, LA, US
Skills: Construction Engineer, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Hackberry, LA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our Client is in the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction phase of development on a multi-train LNG export terminal, on the site of an existing import terminal, located near the Lake Charles region of the Louisiana gulf coast. The export facility is expected to become operational by 2018.
Lead Instrument & Control Engineer
The Lead Instrument & Control Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance, leadership on site and supports the field engineering phase and the construction oversight, monitoring and reporting of the Liquefaction Project.
Functionally reporting to the Field Engineering Manager, the position is part of Field Engineering Team and will provide engineering support to the Construction team during phase 1, 2, 3 in overseeing day to day Instrument & Control Systems activities performed by the site contractors. The position will have up to four (4) direct reports who are specialized in Instrument & Control engineering, material construction and testing.
At the direction of management, the position accountabilities, responsibilities, and work area may be altered from time to time based on the needs of the organization and the project.
The position will support activities through construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up. Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) will be required.
- Oversee and manage construction activities of instrument & control components & equipment to ensure compliance with engineering drawings, specifications, environmental guidelines, quality assurance programs and construction safety program
- Perform duties with utmost importance to Safety, Quality and Schedule
- Perform day to day management of direct reports
- Monitor and ensure proper calibration of instruments, control equipment and device, control valves
- Monitor and ensure proper preservation of instruments, control equipment and device, control valves
- Monitor, track and submit daily/weekly/monthly construction progress/status report
- Monitor and report receipt of materials on site
- Conduct construction walk-downs throughout the day
- Conduct periodic Factory visits and submit reports
- Provide Construction/commissioning staff with Field Engineering support
- Provide Construction/commissioning staff with inputs for construction/commissioning planning and management
- Provide mark-up as-built Construction/Commissioning / QA/QC / HSE documents by the EPC Contractor, as required
- Provide proper documentation and reports of observations and findings of non-conformance issues and concerns
- Work closely with other project discipline members
- Collaborate and maintain positive relationship with the EPC Contractor
- Attend internal and JV coordination meeting(s) including safety briefing
- Attend safety and construction site walkthrough
Education (bold are required)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Process or Computer Engineering or equivalent Technical Degree
Experience (bold are required)
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in management of major construction projects with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on instrument and control experience in Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience with LNG, power plants or other large infrastructure construction projects
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of environmental & safety requirements, industrial safety practice
- In-depth knowledge of construction best practices/techniques, and construction planning and scheduling
- In-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance & Quality Control best practices
- In-depth knowledge of engineering, construction and safety codes & standards
- Strong understanding of process control philosophy and control systems such as Distributed Control System (DCS), Safety Instrumented System (SIS), Fire & Gas Protection & Detection System (FGS).
- Strong understanding and ability to read and comprehend technical documents such as P&ID's, Data Sheets, Instrument Drawings, Schematics & Diagrams; Primavera schedule
- Strong understanding of loop check & function tests procedures and methods
- Self-starter with proven leadership abilities, strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities
- Team player with ability to influence and manage a team to get positive results
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to present issues, concerns and provide recommendations and solutions to management
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio)
Physical Requirements (bold are required)
- This position is assigned to a field office and will require working outdoors, resulting in exposure to extremes of heat, cold, noise and dust. Also, will be exposed to normal construction equipment and site hazards. Be able to spend majority of time out in the field, access to confined spaces and elevated work locations, work night shift and weekend as necessary
The U.S Department of Transportation (DOT) and the company have adopted regulations governing the control of drug use by persons in certain job classifications. This position is subject to the Federal Pipelines Regulation; and is stipulated in the 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 40 that requires drug and alcohol testing and must meet the testing standards.
Who are we?
Competentia is a leading specialty provider of Project Management, Engineering and Supervisory Personnel to the Oil & Gas industry globally. The company's head office is in Norway, supporting key operational offices in Australia, China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Trinidad, UK and USA.
With senior business management coming direct from the energy sector, the company's ethos is to provide the highest level of service to candidates and customers alike.
Following key successes in Europe and Australasia, the company has initiated an ambitious expansion strategy, targeting the Americas, Middle East & Africa, with particular focus on the subsurface, drilling & completions sector and the expanding LNG market.