Skills: Electrical Engineering, Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Hackberry, LA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for ensuring the facility complies with company and regulatory electrical standards and achieves availability targets. The position will be focused on supporting industrial power generation and distribution systems within the facility.
This position will be responsible for development and implementation of a electrical system operating and maintenance management system and engineering standards whilst delivering technical assurance, processes, systems, and implementation plans to manage both the power generation and distribution systems of the facility. Management of applicable budget, contracts; develops equipment inspection/repair strategy and intervals per IEE/NEIS requirements, perform Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and recommend corrective actions.
The right candidate should exhibit a broad understanding of electrical engineering in an operating environment, preferably a gas processing facility. Extensive experience preparing and reviewing engineering studies, design drawings, documents, and material and equipment specifications. Must be capable of resolving specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards. Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices, calculation methods, design details, US and international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications.
The candidate must exhibit extensive knowledge of instrument technical integrity plans and their implementation. You will be capable of developing new systems, procedures and structures for an organization that prepares for the operational phase of the facility.
The employee will provide leadership and asset electrical engineering discipline expertise to less experienced support staff, junior engineers, maintenance, and operations groups. This is a plant level position.
- Participates in the development, review and monitoring of electrical systems technical integrity plans and the approval of detailed procedures, practices and standards for the maintenance and operation of all facility power generation and distribution systems
- Oversees the electrical systems from an engineering and safety perspective and assures all modifications and/or repairs are performed professionally and in strict accordance with company procedures and applicable engineering and electrical codes & standards.
- Provides daily electrical systems support to the plant to keep the facility operational. Improves and ensures the reliability and integrity of the power generation and distribution systems. Optimizes the electrical systems for efficiency and equipment reliability.
- Develops or supports the development of proposals for facility improvements including design basis and preliminary estimates for capital projects as assigned.
- Ensures that documentation for the electrical systems are maintained properly including conduit diagrams, electrical loop sheets, single-line drawings, motor indexes, tag lists, etc.
- Participates in the development of documentation standards and the EDMS including updates to the unit operating manuals. Participates in the Management of Change process. Uses computer assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks and develops documentation.
- Assists in developing and managing budgets and schedules to meet financial targets with an understanding of the accounting and procurement procedures and guidelines and abides by them.
Education (bold are required)
- Graduate with a BS in Engineering (Electrical Discipline) required.
Experience (bold are required)
- At least 10 years in the petrochemical industry or oil and gas industry, of which at least 4 years of experience in a similar position of responsibility and expertise in an operating facility
- Has a proven track record in trouble shooting and analysis of power generation and distribution system problems.
- Prior experience in hardware installing, using and programming ETAP Basic and Real Time
- Prior experience in forecasting electrical load requirement and electricity cost estimate
- Prior experience in corrosion management
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities (bold are required)
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills. Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate and maintain the facility
- Basic computer skills including schedules, database, spreadsheet, presentation and word processing skills, and Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD).
- Possesses good planning and organization skills and meets work deadlines.
- Possesses the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with 1) management, 2) peers and 3) the various facility level workers whom are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- The candidate should have a working knowledge of industry and government standards such as IEEE, NEC, API requirements
Physical Requirements (bold are required)
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders that ranges from 4 ft to 200 ft. Must be able to sit at a desk and operate a computer for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift equipment needed to perform work.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment needed to perform work such as PPE, safety harness, respirator, etc.
The U.S Department of Transportation (DOT) and the company have adopted regulations governing the control of drug use by persons in certain job classifications. This position is subject to the Federal Pipelines Regulation; and is stipulated in the 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 40 that requires drug and alcohol testing and must meet the testing standards.