Skills: Materials Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our Client uses its pioneering spirit to responsibly deliver energy to the world. This purpose transcends all of the clients operations. The Company conducts its business to return maximum value to shareholders while utilizing a wealth of knowledge and resources from its employees and acting responsibly in all communities in which it operates. With more than 30,000 employees, our Client works worldwide to consistently deliver top performance, value and to maintain the companys global market
Primary Functions & Dimensions:
* Provide prompt and accurate call-off / purchase of materials (including equipment, spares, chemicals and consumables) and services for the Well Operations, Subsea and Decommissioning functions via the SAP system
* Coordination and Purchase of Repairs, Rentals and Fabrication requests for Operations & Maintenance, ensuring process compliance and traceability
* Conduct quotation, evaluation and negotiations functions
* Provide daily support to Customers to ensure both technical and delivery requirements are met
* Liaise with originators to quantify specific requirements
* Liaise with Contracts Specialists to ensure alignment between materials and services, and appropriate contract utilisation
* Liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure all purchase orders/invoices are paid in accordance with payment terms.
* Resolve technical queries by liaison with technical disciplines and suppliers
* Provide procurement expertise and SAP guidance to customers
* Actively engage with Customers to develop sourcing plans and strategies
* Provide vendor verification for SAP
* Participate in and actively seek procurement synergy opportunities
* Support procurement improvement initiatives
* Provide a focal point for materials for all shutdowns/campaigns
* Provide support and cover to other team members
* Report savings (price, process, cost avoidance)
Team membership / Key Meetings/ Liaisons:
* Supply Chain - Purchasing
* Operated Assets teams - repairs & rental coordination
* Well Operations & Subsea
1. Core Technical Experience
* Good supply market knowledge.
* Excellent SAP skills, particularly related to MM and RLM modules - some knowledge of PM/PS modules preferred.
* Experience/ knowledge of repairs and/or rental processing/ tracking for offshore assets
* Knowledge of Supply Chain processes
* Relevant Supply Chain qualification preferred, or demonstration of working towards CIPS.
3. Personal Characteristics
* Strong communication skills and proven ability to interface with both internal and external clients at all levels.
* Interpersonal skills that result in teamwork, influence, trust and strong relationships.
* Negotiation skills, commercial acumen
* Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and demanding customers
* Change Management skills
* Reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.