Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
This senior accounting position will work in the Corporate Accounting group and will be exposed to various aspects of accounting including month-end close, quarter-end close, quarterly reporting, report creations, and other projects as they arise.
- Track, coordinate, and record intercompany and elimination entries across all entities
- Assist with various monthly close procedures, including recording journal entries and preparing and/or reviewing account reconciliations
- Responsible for various technical accounting items (interest rate swaps, asset retirement obligation, tangible and intangible impairment analysis, equity)
- Assist in maintaining all accounting systems (Dynamics GP, Hyperion, and Blackline), including account set-up and creating and maintaining reports, including being a liaison to our international locations regarding software implementation and change management
- Assist with monthly internal reporting for senior management, as well as for both operational and financial personnel as requested
- Assist with SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, Proxy, etc.) and earnings release, including preparation of supporting schedules, and ensuring accuracy of information in the filings
- Responsible for appropriate and accurate XBRL tagging on SEC filings
- Work closely with the Company's external auditors and help coordinate the Company's quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Perform other ad-hoc projects as needed
- Monitors certain SOX controls to ensure company compliance
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study is required
- 3-5 years related experience in an accounting or finance role preparing financial statements
- Month-end close experience is required
- Oil and Gas industry experience is preferred
- Proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and PC skills
- Proficient using computer-based accounting system
- Must have good written, verbal and oral communication skills
- Visual acuity to read numerical figures and computer screens.
- Use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal for extended periods of time.
- Fingers, hands and wrist dexterity.
- Ability to push, pull, lift, reach, and/or carry up to 10 pounds.