Skills: Operations Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Iraq, Iraq
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Project Manager is responsible for achieving the overall project objectives by managing execution, scope, schedule, budget, and other project functions. To perform this position effectively, the Project Manager position requires strong characteristics in project management knowledge, performance, and interpersonal behavior. This position receives guidance and direction from the Director of Project Management, and is responsible for project teams varying in size and diversity.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS may include the following items:
* Lead project initiation efforts by contributing to proposals and tenders through development of presentations, pricing, contracts, and technical specifications.
* Develop and/or oversee project planning documents including but not limited to project execution plans, scope of work, project schedule, cost estimates and project budgets, risk management, and quality assurance.
* Direct and manage execution of overall project team(s) including engineers, project controls, contract administrators, inspectors, quality assurance, project specialists, and drilling operations. Ensure work is performed in a safe manner in all aspects of the project.
* Assumes leadership role in project interface through distribution of information and management of stakeholder expectations.
* Serve as the primary contact for communication between the client, contractors, and internal organizations by conveying technical, schedule, and financial information in a timely and professional manner.
* Acquire and develop a project team that can effectively execute project objectives within a positive and rewarding environment.
* Monitor and control project work through oversight of performance reporting, schedule maintenance, and cost/budgeting analysis.
* Oversee integrated change control through scope verification, quality monitoring, risk management, and contract administering.
* Manage project or phase closing through oversight of activities including customer/sponsor acceptance, closing procurements, archiving relevant project documents, and documenting lessons learned.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual should be proficient at the following general and technical skills:
* Knowledge related TRS equipment, layouts, operations, and rig crew functions is strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of code requirements pertaining to the design, construction, safety, and operation of both land and offshore drilling rigs including but not limited to API, ASME, ASCE, AISC, ASHRAE, and other related industry standards is strongly preferred.
* Must have experience planning project work flow of fabrication, installation and testing.
* Working knowledge of discipline specific fabrication and manufacturing design, processes, and testing (i.e., welding, machining, etc.) is required.
* Knowledge and experience with rig and equipment testing and commissioning including systems integrated testing (SIT) and integrated acceptance testing (IAT) is strongly preferred.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.