Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
FOR ST I:
- When stand by, keep in contact with the Operation Supervisor / Coordinator and stay in contact by means of telephone.
- To report at the advised customer locations, airports, helicopter or shipyard at the required time and in a fit state to commence work or travel.
- Upon arrival at the location of work and in collaboration with the assigned Crew Leader/Job Supervisor, report to the Customer Representative and to establish detail of the job to be performed.
- At first opportunity and in collaboration with the Crew Leader/Job Supervisor, check all ITS service and sales items to be in satisfactory condition to fulfill the specific job requirements.
- To attend on location pre-job HSE meeting if so required and wear Personnel Protective Equipment issued by ITS during the job and when required by the customer.
- To follow shift arrangements and meal breaks as instructed by the Crew Leader/Job Supervisor and to carry out the assigned duties as a social member of the team.
- Report any operational problems which may occur before, during and after the job to the assigned Crew Leader/Job Supervisor as soon as possible.
- Make recommendations for the safe execution of the job and report any non safe acts or near miss accidents/incidents. Attend all monthly HSE meetings and initiate changes to existing HSE procedures or initiate new procedures.
- On completion of the job; rig down the equipment, clean and prepare for back loading.
- Report any shortcomings or status of non-conformance of equipment on the ITS equipment fault report.
- If assigned as Stabber in collaboration with the Crew Leader, inspect the stabbing board, safety line(s) and safety points before commencing the job, discuss with the driller on signals and procedure to be used and repeat this each time the drilling crew changes.
- To attend HSE training, equipment training and medical checks as required and arranged by ITS.
- Accept any reasonable base duties as required.
- Responsible for QHSSE and EEP operations for his relevant functions.
- Accountable to safe operation of ITS and Customer (if any) Equipment in his area
FOR ST I
Education / Qualification:
- Qualifications in Mechanical or Electronic Applications or past experience in a similar operation ie. rig operation or casing and tubing running activity
- 3 Years minimum proven field experience in rig floor.
- Mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of hydraulic and mechanical /electronic systems.
- Fluently speaking & reading English. Additional language is suitable skill.
- Fast learner, result oriented and independent with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both cooperatively and independently and set priorities in the context of operational impact.
- Good customer service skills are essential. Ability to work 24 hour on call schedule. Must be a team player, willingness to help.
- Ability to adapt positively to changes in policies, procedures and priorities, or work environments
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft software
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.