Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator, Laborer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Batesville, MS, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Insituform Technologies, LLC is looking for experienced Machine Operators.
Insituform Technologies, LLC, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform's businesses consist of sewer, drinking water, and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform's technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods.
- Obtain machine sheets for jobs
- Match felt material with paperwork and confirm proper B-tag, correct material type, and dimensions
- Install proper machines and set correct job size
- Load heavy rolls of materials, thread spools, etc. as required
- Monitor stitching, taping and flame bonds during the operation
- Periodic visual checks should be made for contaminates, stitch defects, voids, and other quality attributes
- Install and reset counter
- Check label tube properly and complete paperwork
- Perform splices, tapers, transitions, and other special tube specifics while working on knees on concrete floor
- Hand sew multiple layers of felt, as required
- Manually stack tubes up to 30" in diameter onto pallets without machine assistance; stack larger diameter tubes with assistance
- Extrude sewn seam for seam sealing
- Successfully operate hand held tools, such as but not limited to: 10" scissors, 10" butcher knives, electric saws, plastic welders (weighing approximately 10 lbs) and extrusion welders (weighing approximately 40 lbs)
- Clearly communicate effectively with other team members and management as it pertains to safety, quality, or other work related aspect
- Walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, crouch, bend, reach, and stretch
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear without visual cues
- Kneel and crawl on concrete floor
- Ability to visibility inspect running lines
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs
- Verifiable high School diploma or GED required
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test and criminal history background check
- Ability to work 2nd shift; hours are 4:15pm - 2:30am
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to make simple machine set-ups using measuring instruments such as tape measure
- 6+ months experience in manufacturing environment preferred
Insituform Technologies, LLC offers Competitive Salary with a full benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, and much more, as well as the opportunity for growth within an expanding worldwide company.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.