Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Battle Mountain
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Schlumberger has an opening in Battle Mountain, NV for a Minerals Mine / Mill Electrician.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- The Electrician reports to the Electrical Foreman and is responsible for maintaining the electrical equipment in the Mine/Mill.
- The Electrician installs new equipment, repairs and replaces worn or defective electrical equipment and calibrates the electrical and electronic controls of Mine/Mill equipment.
- This position directs outside installers, service persons, and helpers as required on a case by case basis, and recommends services, parts and equipment acquisitions to the Electrical Foreman.
- The Electrician establishes and maintains records of electrical maintenance, installations, repairs and ground tests.
- Quality is assured by inspecting newly delivered electrical parts and equipment, making scheduled inspections, and always using "best practices" methods.
- The Electrician communicates with the management and all other plant employees in coordinating electrical maintenance functions with operational demands and schedules.
- This position uses maintenance check lists, electrical instruments and hand and power tools.
- The Electrician maintains plant powered equipment by inspecting and repairing electrical motors and controls, on a scheduled basis.
- He/she establishes and maintains records.
- The incumbent also maintains proper instrument calibration, tool storage and organization, clean work areas and safe work conditions for him/herself and those Helpers and Laborers working with him/her. Maintaining electrical equipment associated with crushing plant, screening plant, jig plant, water wells, and mobile radio installation, grinding mills, bagging system, compressors, lighting systems and offices.
- Be responsible for compliance with regulatory requirements and the Company’s procedures and guidelines in the performance of their duties.
- Perform their job safely and in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Continually inspect their work areas for unsafe or substandard conditions or unsafe work practices.
- Correct or take interim action on any unsafe or substandard conditions or practices that they observe and report to the immediate supervisor.
- Participate, as required, in all training classes and exercises.
- Participate, as required, in all HSE performance development activities and systems.
- Report all injury, near-miss, property damage and hazardous conditions to their immediate supervisor.
Industrial Electricians Certificate
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as an Electrician
- The Electrician has an established record of successful electrical installation and maintenance of all plant electrical equipment and fixtures.
- He/she must understand the over-all operation of the Mine/Mill equipment, be familiar with electro-magnetic theory, appropriate electrical codes and electrical schematics.
- Incumbent will be familiarized with quality standards of work expected and with API and ISO quality standards.
- Communicate well with other employees as well as outside electrical support.
- Read, follow and understand electrical instruction manuals and be able to communicate that to others.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Knowledge of Oilfield terminology and business practices
- Ability to work in global distributed setting
- Self-driven, Proactive, Systems Thinking
- International exposure
- Oil & Gas industry exposure
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.