Skills: Operations Management, Plant Operations Engineer, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rifle, CO, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): CO - Rifle
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company?- Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We're seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you-re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Xcel Energy is looking for talented and experienced-Gas and Electric Field Operations Manager to join the Xcel Energy team at the-Garfield Operations Center in Rifle, Colorado!
This position directs the Gas/ Electric Field Operations in areas including construction, maintenance, utilization, and also administers the policies and procedures of field operations, to assure safety and reliability while ensuring customer satisfaction. Responsible for attainment of Corporate and Organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop, plan and implement Area's goals, objectives and work priorities. Accountable for safety performance and effective and efficient use of resources to ensure customer satisfaction, quality improvement and regulatory compliance.
- Supervise activities of employees, set performance expectations, measure employee and contractor performance, provide training and mentoring for materials and equipment to ensure a safe, reliable operation. Provide work direction and performance evaluation for Field Ops. Supervisors.
- Create and manage Area's operating budget, capital and expenses. This includes implementing plans, programs, contingencies, and recommendations to meet a budget and track expenses.
- Implement process improvements based on input from various groups, including customers. Remove obstacles, resolve variances and provide assistance to crew leaders to improve project and work performance. Responsible for compliance with Xcel Energy standards, primary contact for problem resolution involving Labor.
- Appropriately applies initiative and risk taking to enhance customer, employee and partner relationships. Anticipates and overcomes barriers to success/change.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in related field (6 years related experience may substitute for the degree)
- 8 years experience in construction, operations, or customer contact in natural gas or electric utility operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of gas and/or electric system construction, operations, maintenance standards & procedures and applicable governmental regulations
- Knowledge of union labor agreements
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with diverse work groups
- Subject to D.O.T. drug and/or alcohol testing requirements
- On call coverage is required after normal business hours and 24 hours/day during weekend and holiday periods
- Must live 30 miles and 30 minutes of the Garfield Operations Center
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Rifle