Skills: CAD / CAM, Naval Architecture
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Middelburg, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
WRS are currently looking for a fulltime Naval Architect / Project Engineer.
As Naval Architect / Project Engineer you will be responsible for the development of the design of their two new Semisubmersibles under construction.
You will be in close collaboration with the new build department and will focus on the basic design of new concepts and major modifications according to the company procedures, safety guidelines and international statutory regulations.
• A degree in Marine engineering/Naval architecture or equivalent;
• Minimal 3 years' experience in a similar position (naval architect, project engineer);
• Good working knowledge of the following programs or similar: AutoCAD, Autoship,
• Autohydro/Pias, FEM packages (Staad, Maestro etc.) and preferably with Rhinoceros 3D;
• Experience in taking part of a new build program/team;
• Willing to travel and occasionally work at shipyards worldwide;
• Reporting to the New build Project Manager.
• Minimal 4 years' experience in new build offshore semisubmersibles and/or large DP units;
• Experience in Drawings Approval Process;
• Class society experience is a pre;
• Good language & social skills, both written and spoken (English and preferably Dutch).
The client will offer;
• A varied, international working environment with a lot of responsibility;
• A dedicated team where every member strives for the best team results;
• Prominent international career opportunities;
Interested and suitable applicants should apply directly to Scott Redfern using the links provided.
Please be aware unsuitable candidates will not be considered but will be placed on our database for future work.
With over 50 yrs of combined recruitment experience and an intimate knowledge of the International market place we established ourselves initially in the E&P market - building strong links throughout the industry with Major Operators through to Smaller Independents and Consultancies.
As our business has grown, so has our focus and we now have major clients in all aspects of the Oil & Gas industry from Service Companies, Independent Oil Companies to and Refineries.
Our consultants specialise in very specific areas and so have an in depth knowledge of the clients that YOU want to be working for.
We have established relationships with some of the worlds leading Companies and have access to some of the most desirable job opportunities around. our dedicated team have the contacts to get your CV in front of the people who can make your career aspirations a reality!
We will spend time getting to know exactly what you are looking to gain from your next career move and focus our efforts purely on sourcing opportunities for you that will fit the profile of the career step that you were looking for, whilst all the time being on hand to guide you from the 1st Interview to the 1st day of your new role.
Geographically we cover: Europe, Scandinavia, UAE, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australasia and the Americas.
Our areas of expertise include:
E&P: Geology, Geophysics, Reservoir / Petroleum Engineering, Senior E&P appointments.
Engineering: Management, Process, Electrical, Piping, Mechanical, Structural, Subsea, Pipeline, Offshore Engineering
Commissioning: Management, Engineering, Supervision, Hook-Up.
Control: Management, Cost, Estimation, Planning, Contracts, Procurement