Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. John's, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Senior Civil Engineer with extensive experience in the Hydro industry.
This position is located in our St. John’s, NL office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Coordination with various stakeholders including other disciplines, project management team, vendors and clients to facilitate smooth flow of information.
- Participate in design reviews on various projects and provide technical input.
- Providing technical leadership to the Civil teams on projects, including verifying and validating the work of other Civil engineers and designers
- Apply knowledge of North American codes, regulations and standards and have a good working knowledge of the City of St. John’s Municipal Specification as well as CCME Guidelines and good industry practises.
- Managing interactions between consulting, engineering and client teams.
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with area leads, department managers, and clients
- Business Development skills are required for this position and experience in this area would be considered an asset.
Skills / Qualifications
- Possess a Bachelor's of Science in Civil Engineering with PE registration or eligible for registration
- 8 plus years of experience in design and project management in industrial, Generation, Hydro, Utility, Transmission, Substation projects for the commercial/industrial and private sectors
- Experience in municipal sewer and industrial experience
- design experience in:
- site development
- site utilities
- erosion control, and
- roadway design
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and with others on multiple projects
- Work as part of a multi-discipline design team
- Experience Business Development would be an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.