Skills: Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Kennesaw, GA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure currently has an opportunity available for an Environmental Chemist in our Kennesaw, GA office. We are looking for a candidate with skills in environmental chemistry and ability to assess analytical data. The ideal candidate will have a chemistry background, strong familiarity with environmental laboratory analytical protocols, good writing skills, and a willingness and ability to learn data software applications.
Primary responsibility will be data validation, data review, and report writing. Additional responsibilities will include development of environmental sampling programs, interpretation of environmental chemistry data, data quality evaluation (DQE), data forensics, assistance with laboratory coordination, database support and data entry. Candidate must be able to perform possible field work to support environmental sampling programs.
Skills / Qualifications
- College degree required in chemistry or related science
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience or fewer years with advanced degree desired
- Thorough knowledge of USEPA Methods including SW-846, CLP and Standard Methods
- Familiarity with Word, Access, Excel, ADR and / or EQuIS software
- Assist proposal teams with selection of analytical methodology, evaluate laboratory proposals and establish QA / QC parameters
- Experience with operation and use of gas chromatographs and / or gas chromatography / mass spectrometers (GC / MS) desired
- Work with laboratories to ensure data meets client requirements and project data quality objectives
- Experience in hazardous waste site investigations
- OSHA 40 hour Hazardous Waste Site Safety Training (AMECFW will provide if needed);
- Will need to coordinate with Project Chemist on a daily basis
- Need to be able to move and lift equipment that may weigh 50 lbs
- Knowledge of the principles and standards of scientific study, field investigation and sampling, experimentation, research and documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively with team members as well as independently
- The ideal candidate for this position is an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a strong desire to learn
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills are critical
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.