Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Kennesaw, GA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Mid-level to Senior Geologist. The position will support the Remediation Project Managers. The candidate should be eager to learn and be able to follow specific instructions to execute field tasks safely, accurately and timely.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of site investigation / remediation projects and site investigations at industrial / commercial sites and / or government installations and conduct site assessment for real estate transactions. Duties will include performing routine, well-defined field and office assignments (technical and non-technical) including planning, conducting, and reporting on field investigations involving well installations, soil and groundwater sampling, aquifer testing and hydrogeology. Work may be conducted under a variety of regulatory programs (CERCLA, RCRA, UST, Brownfields) primarily in southeastern US. Will receive detailed instructions on work objectives, complex features and possible solutions and will receive close supervision and review of work. With experience, may be assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Field exploration, inspection, data collection analysis and interpretation
- Prepare maps, charts, boring logs, cross-sections depicting subsurface conditions
- Run simple computer programs
- Perform field testing using equipment and instrumentation
- Prepare field reports, internal correspondence, sections of final reports
- Oversee subcontractors and / or other company employees in the field
- Prepare health and safety plans / job hazard analyses and follow company / site safety standards
- Contact vendors; research literature and regulatory requirements
- Conduct scientific calculations
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S.in Geology (5-10 years of experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong commitment to safety
- Basic familiarity with MS Office computer software
- Ability to conduct basic geological field procedures and techniques
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and maintain flexibility while meeting strict deadlines
- Valid Georgia driver's license
- A physical exam is required to obtain medical clearance to work on hazardous waste sites
- Flexibility to travel for up to 10 days and work outside normal business hours as required
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER Training
- Background in groundwater modeling and hydrogeology and associated computer software
- Experience conducting Phase 1 / II environmental site assessments in accordance with ASTM standards
- Experience with field GPS instruments
- Physically fit and able to travel to work in the field in potentially difficult terrain and under a variety of weather conditions (cold, heat, wind, rain) as required to accomplish project execution. Able to occasionally lift over 50 pounds and able to wear respirator, if required to mitigate dust or fumes
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.