Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
If you are an experienced Credit Controller then this may be the role for you!
* Pursue customers for overdue payments ensuring a professional, methodical and effective approach is applied at all times
* Deal with customer queries and ensure appropriate action is taken to ensure payments are released e.g. raising credit notes as appropriate, liaise with Account Managers or Operations
* For large invoices ensure customer has received invoice and has processed for payment - prior to invoice becoming overdue, to ensure no delays with payment
* Review and maintain stop list
* Maintain good working relationship with customers, projecting professional image of company at all times
* Assist with implementing performance measures for Department and Credit Control function
* Assist with processing of periodic, special invoices or self-billing accounts
* Assess creditworthiness of (new) customer accounts and ensure monitored on periodic basis against average and maximum spend
* Setting up new customer accounts and making changes to standing data, ensuring accuracy of data entered
* Advise Management Accountant of any opportunities to increase margin on customer accounts or to improve cash flow e.g. 'lessons learnt'
* Experience in a similar role is essential as are being customer focused and a team player.