Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Purpose of the role:
To manage and monitor environmental performance and ensure conformance / compliance to Environment Agency and Department of Trade and Industry (DTi) legislation.
* Act as the Technical Authority for all aspects of Environmental Management within the business. Maintain environmental standards and work closely with the operations and maintenance teams to ensure these standards are understood and implemented. Advise on requirements, monitor performance and take management accountability for ensuring compliance through line management.
* Accountable for delivery of environmental improvements and meeting relevant legislation by identifying areas of environmental opportunity and managing the processes required to implement the changes.
* Responsible for accurate reporting of all environmental emissions and discharges from platforms, terminals and offices to ensure compliance with legislative requirements, permit limits set by the Environment Agency, DTi and DEFRA and ensure plant performance is within acceptable criteria.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with ISO14001 for all platforms, terminals and office operations through a process of regular internal and external audits and inspections to a planned timeframe.
* Investigate (or oversee the investigation of) the cause of any environmental near miss / incident or breach of legislation and report with recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
* Responsible for managing waste management and emissions monitoring contracts within operational assets.
* Promote Environmental Awareness within offshore and onshore personnel through campaigns, presentations and briefing notes in accordance with ISO 14001 principles.
* Act as Management Representative for all environmental matters for Operations with Corporate and external regulators and agencies.
* Provide specialist technical guidance and assistance to all personnel within Operations.
* Work with the HSE Manager to prepare, update and implement any environmental changes to the COMAH and Safety Cases.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree in an environmental protection related discipline or equivalent Chartered status
* The job holder will have a background in environmental management within a complex process or chemical plant
* The job holder will have a detailed knowledge of ISO14001 and Environmental legislation pertaining to CSL Operations
* Possess good communication skills, both written and oral together with the ability recognising the range of internal and external parties they will liaise with to influence
* Well developed planning and organisational skills
* Highly motivated
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.