Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Purpose of role:
Reporting to the HSE Superintendent the HSE Advisor will act as a consultant to the Operations and Maintenance Leadership teams on all Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
As a member of the HSSEQ team he/she will advise, support and develop relationships with the management teams both on and offshore.
The HSE Advisor will:
1. Promote, advise and enforce HS&E standards on assets by advising asset management on HS&E legislation compliance, company and industry standards.
2. Through programmes of inspection and audit of equipment, work systems, performance standards, plant and work practices identify unsafe practices and conditions and make recommendations for remedial action and long term improvement.
3. Provide support and guidance on hazard assessment, safe systems of work, occupational health & hygiene, environmental management/practices, process safety impacts, risk analysis and safety technology relevant to global, national and local standards and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
4. Lead, assist and support the asset management teams in the investigation of accidents, incidents and near misses with the aim of identifying root causes and making recommendations to prevent a reoccurrence. Ensure actions are implemented and those lessons are learned throughout the organisation.
5. Prepare, collate and present information to onshore and offshore personnel on safety performance issues such as accident statistics, inspection and audit results, lessons learned (both internal and external) and good working practises to support continuous improvement.
6. Lead and participate in emergency response teams (on site controller offshore). Develop and lead exercises to ensure continued preparedness and evaluate areas for improvement to build into the exercise plan.
7. Identifying, evaluating and sharing best practices with other assets in and outside the organisation.
8. Fulfils the role of point contact for range of H&S functions i.e. HAVS Co-ordinator (Hand Arm Vibration), COSHH Co-ordinator, Noise competent person responsibilities, gas monitoring and validation, etc.
9. Actively encourage and establish the participation of safety representatives as means to create a culture and framework that is positive, forward looking, responsive, flexible and focused towards high levels of health, safety and environment performance.
10. Strive for continual personal development and improvement through education, qualifications and professional status to provide continual learning and knowledge sharing.
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.