Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes approximately 44,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries. Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention.
We are currently recruiting Engineering graduates for field engineer traineeships in multiple U.S. locations. Under this program, you will gain working experience as a field engineer in one of our operations, while undergoing an intensive technical and leadership training program. This program will consist of learning the technical intricacies of your assigned business unit/product line while attending bi-annual intensive leadership development programs that will prepare you to become the future leaders of Weatherford.
As a Field Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing reliable, prompt, and courteous service to Weatherford's customers on a 24-hour basis;
- Isolating and solving complex problems on the job site with the assistance of our technical support groups;
- Personal career development through external and internal technical and non-technical training;
- You will be required to work in an outdoor setting for extended hours.
- This program is open to candidates who can legally work and reside within the United States
- Must be in the process completing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Petroleum Engineering at a US University.
- Must be willing to work outdoors and in remote locations.
- Must be willing to potentially relocate / rotate to different locations and regions within the U.S. every 6 months to 1 year for the first three years of the program.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.