Skills: Safety Officer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $30 - $32 per hour
Location: Louisiana, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Review and understand all EHS policies, guidelines, standards and processes related to Plant activities
- Providing guidance to Plant personnel for all applicable safety regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that all St. James Plant policies, guidelines and procedures are practiced
- Actively interface with contractors and Operations, Maintenance and Technical Department personnel
- Auditing and inspections of work activities for all areas of the St. James Plant involved with the Turnaround
- Conduct safety observations and be able to give immediate feedback to workers for both safe and at-risk behavior
- Able to lead safety tailgate and safety stand down meetings when necessary
- In constant communication with the Safety IH Specialist and EHS Manager
- Provide documented reports associated with safety and health work in the field
- Provide support and guidance for personal industrial hygiene and area monitoring activities
- Support Turnaround and Project activities (will require day and/or night coverage)
- Participate in all safety work processes as requested (PSSRs, JSAs, PHAs, Pre Job Safety Checklists, etc.)
- Participate in incident investigations as requested
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of global talent solutions to the oil and gas, power, infrastructure, construction, chemical, life sciences and rail sectors worldwide. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, our comprehensive set of guaranteed staffing solutions ranges from payroll administration, taxation and compliance through to emergency response services. Our consultants are discipline specific, so fully understand the roles they work on, and our network of more than 40 offices in 26 countries, means we are on the ground wherever our clients, candidates and contractors need us.