Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Astana, Kazakhstan
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Reports to: Managing Director-Business Development
Interaction: Engineers/Planner/Procurement Department
2. Purpose of the Role
To develop estimates and cost data bases relating to civil scope of works.
3. Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
- Development of detailed cost estimates relating to civil engineering.
- Creation of a standard tender department data base
- Preparation of detailed cost estimates for civil works including take offs.
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities
- Preparation of sub-contractor packages.
- Preparation of tender documentation.
- Development of a cost data- base for civil engineering materials and work scopes.
- Development of method statements for civil engineering.
- Creation and maintenance of a standard proposals department library of method statements ,project execution plans ,construction licenses, organizational charts etc.
- Development of a sub- contractor data base
- Uploading of tender proposal to client's system
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
1. Academic / Professional Qualifications
- BSc -Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years post graduate experience
- Minimum of 7 years' experience as a civil engineering estimator
- Contractor experience preferably with road construction estimating experience
3. Specific Skills / Personal Attributes
- Excellent excel software skills
- Knowledge of MS Project software(Basic)
- Ability to work without close supervision in a high pressure environment
- Systems orientated
- Fluent in English(a basic knowledge of Russian language would be an added advantage)
- Ability to meet extremely tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of estimating software systems would be an added advantage
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.