Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Ambriz, Angola
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Service holder is responsible, within the Kaombo FPSO team and under the Ambriz Company Site Representative's supervision, for following-up, monitoring and supervising ICAPS administration and for monitoring Pre-commissioning (the discipline) activities carried out by FPSO Contractor and Subcontractor at the main EPSCC IN Construction site during the Construction, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning phases, ensuring that his discipline's contractual and technical requirements are duly applied by FPSO Contractor and/or Subcontractors.
The Service holder reports:
- Hierarchically to EPSCC IN Company Site Representative
- Functionally, for ICAPS matters, to the FPSO ICAPS and Completion Lead
- Functionally, for Pre-commissioning matters, to package pre-commissioning Leader (t.b.c. in new organisation)
The Service holder is Responsible to coordinate, secure and facilitate:
- Supervision of the ICAPS database administration by Contractor and Subcontractors
- Pre-commissioning activities in line with the OPERCOM requirements and systems priorities
In this respect he supervises mechanical completion & pre-commissioning activities with CPY Construction Superintendents), he coordinates with all other parties such as Commissioning Team, Vendors and Contractors to ensure that the work is performed in compliance with Overall Project Schedule, HSE and Quality objectives and Project
He ensures also that the Pre-commissioning methodology (OPERCOM) is correctly implemented on site and associated database (ICAPS) daily updated, that punch list clearances are done in timely manner and follow up vendors assistance and mobilisation.
He is responsible to secure the readiness of the Ready for Commissioning status of the systems (including checking the completeness of the Pre commissioning dossiers and Certificates prepared by CTR).
He reports on a day-to-day basis directly to the Ambriz Company Site Representative.
As a general manner, the Service holder provides assistance to the Topside Construction team with all matters related to his discipline and organise its pre-commissioning activities in close coordination with the commissioning team.
The Service holder is also accountable for demonstrating, individually, an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules & requirements.
The Service holder may perform his missions and duties during Topside integration phases at Shipyard (Paenal).
1. To adopt and to demonstrate an exemplary behaviour with regard to Company Ethics and "Code of Conduct" policy and HSSE rules and regulations.
2. To be kept informed of the project technical referential and international standards related to his area of responsibility, taking knowledge from them for application to the Project.To develop, as required, Discipline specific instructions at Topside Construction Site.
3. To ensure proper answer (in coordination with Company's engineering team when appropriated) to CONTRACTOR technical Site Queries related to his discipline.
4. To ensure all along construction and pre-commissioning phases that the FPSO Contractor is enforcing his contractual commitments, is implementing properly his construction plan and objectives, and is performing safely his activities as per Project specifications, design and codes.
As such, he shall :
- Participate to KOM with Contractor/Subcontractor wrt Discipline matters;
- Interface with CONTRACTOR pre-commissioning Manager and CPY Construction team;
- To liaise with Commissioning Completion Coordinator the following activities as:
database updates, completion systems priorities, progress reporting, punch reports &
meeting. To ensure that ICAPS is daily updated by Contractor;
- To ensure that all temporary installations, equipment, fluids, spare parts and consumables for Precom. activities are identified and available;
- To ensure the completeness and delivery schedule of Vendor documentation, reporting, vendor procedures, handover certificates, etc;
- To ensure Vendor's recommendation for preservation procedures are applied and followed via CTR tool;
- To identify/monitor Vendor Mob/Demob schedule at Yard or Offshore;
- To ensure Vendor's/equipment/package punch list coordination and input into ICAPS;
- Responsible to identify priorities in the CONTRACTOR punch list clearance to be in accordance with subsystem priorities;
- To monitor that CTR follows properly the RFC validation workflow, to propose corrective actions as necessary, and in last resort to propose targeted additional CPY supervision;
- To ensure that at time of Load-out, any remaining PL are clearly identified and entered into ICAPS;
- Follow up on the implementation of decided action plans, or other mitigation plan issued;
- Attend and participate in daily meetings; Attend, when requested, the various construction meetings, and provide support to the CSR in its various reviews;
- Participate to construction, HSE or QAQC specific audits or visits; Provide regular inspection & activity reports;
- Follow up on the implementation of decided action plans, or other mitigation plan issued.
5. To ensure the tracking of anomalies and non conformities performed by the FPSO Contractor and ensure correct follow-up activities in the relevant Topside construction site. As such, the job holder shall supervise the progress of Contractor Mechanical Completion software population.
6. The job holder shall supervise CONTRACTOR administration of the ICAPS database. He shall ensure a close coordination with CONTRACTOR and in case of need assist
CONTRACTOR in the set-up, the use and the troubleshooting of the ICAPS database and servers. As such, the job holder shall be fully conversant with SQL programming.
7. To monitor all completion-related activities on FPSO, including:
a. ICAPS and progress reporting
b. Pre-commissioning and Commissioning dossiers and documentation
c. Punch Lists, RFC and AOC Certificates
8. To anticipate and coordinate readiness of Ready For Commissioning status, in particular:
- To ensure the "as pre-commissioned" as-built documents are available in Precom dossier and properly tracked in the field engineering workflow
- To identify before RFC submission any outstanding points from QC non conformance, Field engineering, BV punchlists, vendors punchlists, etc... related to the Subsystem
- To ensure that walk through of each Subsystem is well coordinated and performed before RFC expected submission.
9. To report to the EPSCC IN Company Site Representative wrt to Discipline activities, in particular when deviations, anomalies, non conformities to works are detected.
10. To ensure confidentiality of all the documentation issued under his area of responsibility.
Project Duration: 4/5 years from FID
Staff managed (number of personnel): 0
Direct subordinates (number): 0
Required Competencies (Degree of mastery: 1 : weak - 2 : medium - 3 : good - 4 : excellent):
- Pre-commissioning experience 4
- Knowledge of Company referential 3-4
- Construction Auditing techniques 3-4
- Project management (organization) 3
- FPSO constructions techniques 3
- Team management (relationship) 3
- ICAPS 4
- Use of software's: word, excel, email 3
- Commissioning experience 3
- Risk identification and assessment 3
- Management / negotiation with contractors 3
Required Qualifications and Background:
Professional Experience (years): min 10 years Experience in Pre-commissioning activities
Experience in similar position (years): mini 7 in similar role
Level / Diploma: Engineer, or equivalent
Languages: English mandatory, Bahasa necessary
Context and Environment:
The Kaombo Project is developed by TOTAL E&P Angola (Operator) within the frame of the Angolan Block 32 Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) signed with Sonangol (Concessionaire), and of the Block 32 Joint Operating Agreement (JOA) signed between Partners of the Contractor Group (as per PSA definition).
The Kaombo Project is a deep offshore (1,400 to 1,900 m depth) development located West Africa, Offshore Angola intended to produce Oil and Gas from medium size dispersed (23 x 41 km) reservoirs (Oligocene and Miocene - 6 development areas).
The Development Scheme is based upon two FPSO units (converted VLCCs; 2 x 115,000 bopd; about 2 Mbbl storage per FPSO) with production, water injection and gas export flowlines, risers and umbilicals (6 x subsea hybrid production loops (10 '' and 12'' insulated production lines looped with non insulated lines) i.e. 80 km of Pipe-in-Pipe and 75 km of
service line). The produced gas (2 x 3.3 Mm3/d) is exported to AnLNG via the GEP network. 59 subsea wells are planned (33 producers, 26 water injections connected to 20 manifolds). 5 additional Xmas Trees are also ordered for contingent wells, plus one for back-up.
The technical challenges the project will face are the reservoirs development and management, the design one & built two conversion turret-moored FPSO's (a first) and subsea production/injection system definition.
The Kaombo Project will be developed with the objectives to maximize economical results by optimizing the reserves, the schedule and/or reducing the costs, while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus. The Angolan content of the work will also be a key factor to its success.
In terms of CAPEX, Kaombo will be one of the most important projects operated by TOTAL.
Other Observations on the Specificities of the Service:
Base location: Ambriz Yard Angola
Regime: Rotational basis (4W On / 4 W Off)
With 18 years of activity around the world, Grupo Epalmo, based in Porto, Portugal, is acknowledged in its own country and in the international markets for its competence, accuracy, professionalism and perseverance, being one of the major business groups experienced in Human Resources, Temporary Work, Professional Training, Consulting, Construction and Industrial Maintenance.
Grupo Epalmo has always followed a business dynamic focused on both clients and collaborators, and though mainly directed on the Energy, Industrial and Construction areas, it has been increasing its investments regarding the conquering of new and ambitious goals and markets.
Based always on a spirit of professionalism and supported by a technical and theoretical know-how, Grupo Epalmo, and its highly qualified and motivated teams, is the first to provide services with the aspiration to best serve the clients’ demands, with dedication and consideration.
Operating in more than 20 countries, including Angola, we provide our teams and specialists, for operators in the international energy sector, from Oil & Gas and industrial maintenance, to nuclear and construction.
Grupo Epalmo, Headquarters;
Rua S. Lourenco 12 1 Sala 1 e 6
4446 – 909 Ermesinde – Portugal
Tel: (+351) 229 773 650
Fax: (+351) 229 733 544
For more information's and Resumes Submittals please use the following: