Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: £400 - £401 per day + ltd rate
Location: Windsor, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
This is a high profile role sitting within the Director of Corporate Finance's team. The role covers a variety of areas ranging from external reporting through to the development of the Corporate Centre control environment. The role will give the successful candidate a view across the business at an exciting time whilst we embark on our finance transformation programme.
The role will be challenging particularly in the areas relationship building and inter-personal skills. It involves dealing with a wide variety of people both internally and externally from graduate level through to director level, often discussing sensitive information.
* Preparation of the financial statements for the client businesses (including liaising with PwC on all audit deliverables and issue resolution to meet agreed signing deadlines)
* Administrator, internal support and trainer for the One Source Accounts Production software used across the Group for the UK and Dutch statutory entities
* Manage relationship with Thomson Reuters (One Source software provider) such that any issues are escalated appropriately.
* Assist with the year end reporting deliverables for the Annual Report and Accounts (specifically in relation to related undertakings disclosures)
* Ownership of the collation and preparation of the centrally audited FS directors' emoluments disclosure and emoluments form process (including share scheme & pension disclosure). This involves liaising with Group Reward team, PwC and answering any director queries.
* Liaison with Secretariat team regarding directors conflicts of interest register to support management representations on related parties.
Process improvement & controls:
* To develop the Corporate Centre Finance control environment, with the aim of moving to use Blackline to provide the control framework.
* Developing and refreshing ARIS controls required for the Corporate Centre
* Resolve the issues preventing the Treasury Management system from calculating accurate intercompany interest and ensure planned interest and interest in the financial statements is complete and accurate.
Month end reporting:
* Review and monitoring of Group wide intercompany mismatches for month end reporting and financial statements. Liaise with BUs across the Group to clear/explain intercompany mismatches at both a PC level and a company code level
* For September to December ensuring the intercompany hedge balance and Group FX analysis is complete and accurate.
* Preparation of directors' expenses for Audit Committee review.
* Agreed control framework for the Corporate Centre with controls completed on agreed monthly half yearly and annual basis
* Agreed IHB intercompany interest for plan and financial statements
* One Source support for 2016 financial statement preparation
* Preparation centrally audited FS disclosures
* Initiative and tenacity and the motivation to address issues without being asked to do so
* An inquisitive, analytic approach with excellent problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate effectively on different levels including matrix management of staff in the BUs
* Team focus
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree (preferable)
* Qualified accountant with knowledge of IFRS and FRS 101 (essential)
* Excellent numeracy and IT skills, must be fluent in common MS packages and have strong Excel skills.
* Knowledge of SAP ERP, BPC and SAP BW would be advantageous but not essential
Certifications: ACA (ICAEW) / CIMA / ACCA
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.