Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Technician, Military
Other Skills: Nuclear Prototype, Naval Reactors
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location(s): MN - Monticello; MN - Welch
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We-re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we-d like you on our team.
We are seeking military veterans to be part of an exciting opportunity within our nuclear fleet. The Military Nuclear Leader Trainee position is designed for recently separated veterans to transition and translate military skills into the commercial nuclear industry. We are seeking recently separated veterans and those separating through April 2017.
The Military Nuclear Leader Trainee will be placed at either or Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant in Monticello, MN or Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant in Welch, MN. This is a full-time employment opportunity, not a contract role.
The overall program includes development of managerial, interpersonal, analytical, technical and general business acumen. In 18-24 months, the program provides a broad learning experience within the company. Trainees will develop a core understanding of Xcel Energy Nuclear Business Unit, how to work in a fast-paced team environment, and help prepare for a leadership or technical role within the company.
- Provide oversight and reinforce standards and expectations for safe work practices per the Xcel Energy policies and procedures.
- Requires working with other plant groups such as operations, scheduling, planning and engineering to resolve issues.
- Ownership of department processes and programs.
- Department representative for site/fleet initiatives.
- Management of assigned special projects.
- Bachelors degree, Commissioned Officer in the US Armed Forces, or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years of experience in maintenance, engineering, training, or technical trades.
- 3 or more-years of supervisory experience.
- 3 or more-years of nuclear experience.
- Completion of Nuclear Power School, Nuclear Prototype Training and/or Naval Reactors Training preferred.
Must live within 60 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Minneapolis