Skills: Electrical Technician, HR - Trainer / Instructor, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Township of Monticello, MN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location(s): MN - Monticello
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We-re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we-d like you on our team.
We are hiring a hiring a Senior Radiation Protection Instructor to be based out of the Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant in Monticello, MN.
Fully competent instructor utilizes a Systematic Approach to Training - develops and conducts Initial and Continuing Training for personnel in Radiation Protection in support of the nuclear power generating stations. Continually evaluates and improves training to result in maximum effectiveness of the nuclear training program.
- Respond to emergent training needs and performance issues. Maintain short range and long range training schedules. Schedule and notify personnel of training through the Learning Management System. Verify records of conducted training and attendance. Maintain records of personnel qualifications. Maintain updated qualification manual and associated task lists. Participate in periodic assessments to validate training program.
- Create/modify lesson plans, practical exercises, and multimedia training materials for effective delivery to Radiation Protection personnel. Develop and administer exams to validate knowledge of training materials. Develop technical -mock up- equipment for hands -on training experience. Design Training and establish specific measureable behaviors for task-oriented Radiation Protection training. Construct effective measures to verify trainee comprehension of training materials.
- Provide Initial and Continuing training in classroom and laboratory environments. Provide just in time training as needed to support plant operational requirements. Coordinate training from equipment vendors and outside training organizations.
- Provide training expertise during analysis of performance problems. Perform assessment of training request for management and training program owner. Evaluate Radiation Protection tasks to determine the standards for performance.
- High-school diploma or general education degree and associate-s degree from a two-year college or technical school.
- Five or more years practical work experience (5 Years Journeyman or equivalent ) required in either commercial or military nuclear power plant environment.
- Advanced or general instructor certification.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
Must live within 60 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Monticello