Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $115000 - $135000 per annum
Location: Villahermosa, Mexico
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Operations Manager shall be responsible for providing operational support to all oil and gas operations in Mexico. In particular the Operations Manager will engage and oversee the activities of subcontractor services of drilling of wells, workover activities, lease and facilities construction and other upstream oil and gas activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Operations Manager responsibilities shall generally include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Company focal point for all operational issues associated with the company's field development activities;
- Coordinate and supervise contractors and oil field service providers to ensure efficient, timely and cost effective field operations, design;
- Participation in the review of Health, Safety and Environmental Protection to ensure safe and responsible operations;
- Reviewing and commenting on operating manuals field operations procedures;
- Verification that equipment, facilities and infrastructure are mechanically competent;
- Prevention of hazardous conditions for personnel and equipment;
- Oversee well productivity and responsible for efficient production from wells and facilities of the companies assets;
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in onshore upstream projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading contractors teams on onshore well sites.
- Experience managing and leading a team in Latin America.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, geology, or equivalent.
- Fluent in English & Spanish.
- Handles stressful situations and quickly resolves matters that impact operations.
- Ability to build relationships, strong communication skills and understand different cultures.
- Strong team player who demonstrates the highest level of professionalism and credibility.
- Ability to work in a target driven environment under tight deadlines.
- Assertive, strong communication skills and ability to influence.
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse and heavy workload for a team.
- Has a strong sense of integrity and the ability to deal with ethical situations effectively.
- Willing to travel and meet demands of building well sites across Mexico.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of global talent solutions to the oil and gas, power, infrastructure, construction, chemical, life sciences and rail sectors worldwide. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, our comprehensive set of guaranteed staffing solutions ranges from payroll administration, taxation and compliance through to emergency response services. Our consultants are discipline specific, so fully understand the roles they work on, and our network of more than 40 offices in 26 countries, means we are on the ground wherever our clients, candidates and contractors need us.