Skills: Safety Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Responsible for the selection and application of technology, management systems, and hazard assessment tools that will enable the protection of people, property, and the environment to control the risks of unplanned events.
1. Responsible for the corporate stewardship to assure that process safety technology, management systems and hazard assessment tools are appropriately applied in the technologies and across the organization.
2. Develop and implement global strategies for defining and implementing Process Safety Most Effective Technology (MET).
3. Partner with the technologies and EH&S Leaders to develop and implement strategies for meeting the corporate EH&S long-term strategy for reduction in Process Safety incidents.
4. Facilitate/Conduct risk reviews such as RC/PHAs and New Production Leader RC Reviews. Participate in Project Reviews and ensure they are completed on time. Develop recommendations for addressing Process Safety deficiencies identified in these reviews. Document reviews in Process Safety database.
5. Provide risk assessment support through F&EI and CEI calculations and reviews; facilitate HAZOP studies, Layers of Protection Analysis and other risk analysis techniques and tools and develop recommendations for addressing process safety issues.
6. Partner and engage with technologies personnel to identify and analyze worst case scenarios and participate in root cause investigations of process safety and reactive chemicals incidents/accidents.
7. Work with EH&S Leaders to ensure EH&S work processes are being effectively utilized from a Process Safety perspective, and provide general consulting on process safety issues.
8. Ensure that all principles, procedures and practices are strictly comply with EH&S guidelines, regulatory and permit requirements.
9. Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/manager.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Essential: Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
* General knowledge of EH&S and in-depth knowledge of Process Safety discipline.
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.