Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Responsible for the support and guidance to Emergency Response Team (ERT) and act as the subject matter expert in the Fire protection field.
1. Utilize knowledge and experience in order to continuously improve operating discipline and performance.
2. Participate in drills and trainings of team members regarding emergency equipment and response process.
3. Meet regulatory requirements in safety, environmental and emergency response areas.
4. Responsible for on scene mitigation of fires, spills, releases, medical emergencies, rescues, and work place violence incidents.
5. Support the decision making regarding implementation of appropriate Site Emergency Action Plans and professionally handle conflicts/altercations or incidents involving personnel as needed.
6. Initiate environmental mitigation response as necessary and potential environmental impact issues.
7. Determine, in coordination with the EOC if necessary, the overall objectives to be accomplished.
8. Conduct initial briefing with Emergency Dispatch Center, line officers, and SEM.
9. Develop capability for all emergency response areas such as firefighting, HAZMAT Response, emergency medical response, high angle/confined space rescue, distribution, emergency response, dispatcher, etc. in order to serve as a qualified emergency responder for the client
10. Maintain physical fitness for duty to be ready for any emergency situation and perform well.
11. Establish communication with Dispatch Center/EOC, Deputy Chief, Fire Chief and SEM, liaison with Unit Immediate Response Leader and non-emergency organisations committed to the incident.
12. Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/manager.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Essential: 2 year Diploma in related field.
* Significant experience in petrochemical related Emergency Services and Crisis Management.
* Arabic is not required but is highly desirable.
* Ability to analyze complex human/mechanical systems emergencies and problems, and to obtain acceptance of solutions.
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.