Skills: Electrical Engineering, IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Expro: Software Engineer
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Power Chokes designs and manufactures chokes, controls, PRV's and related equipment. It operates from Houston, with projects delivered worldwide. The purpose of this role is to support the design, manufacturing and implementation of the Power Chokes products.
- Responsible for all Software programming (.Net, Csharp, Siemens Step 7), Installation, Testing, Troubleshooting and other related activities
- Obtains and maintain software licenses by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Responsible for creating and managing software database for all software versions
- Analyze customer needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Assist in new Product development as part of R & D
- Prepare technical documents, BOMs, specifications of software design to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Confer with engineers, customers, or others to discuss existing or potential projects or products.
- Liaise with other technical departments on work produced to ensure adequate support with software is provided to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Prepare specifications for purchases of materials or equipment.
- Perform onsite/ offsite commissioning and installation services if needed.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- B.S. Computer Science or B.S. Engineering.
- Previous experience in the oil/gas industry
- Strong Background in .Net, Csharp, C++ software programming with focus on Oil & Gas related PLC/HMI Controls
- Experience in working with PLC Control Systems
- Capable of working and producing software for projects with minimal supervision
- Require some experience in Visual Basic, WinCC, Siemens Step 7, Ladder Logic
- Experience in Software Installation, Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing and Problem Solving
- Experience in Siemens Products is a plus
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, including applications and programming is a plus.
- Background in MPD/ PID control is a plus.
- Ability to manage one's own time.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Expro’s mission is well flow management. We provide services and products that measure, improve, control and process flow from high-value oil and gas wells, from exploration and appraisal through to mature field production optimisation and enhancement.
Our vision is to be the market leader in well flow management, using the industry’s best people, to deliver the highest standards of safety, quality and personalised customer service.
We provide a range of solutions across six areas of capability:
Exploration & Appraisal Testing
Subsea Safety Systems
Drilling & Completion
Flowback & Clean-up
Well Integrity & Intervention
Expro’s 40 years of experience and innovation empowers the company to offer tailor-made solutions for customers across the energy sector. With over 5,000 employees across 50 countries, Expro offers a truly global service solution.