Skills: Barge Engineer
Other Skills: Offshore Installation Managers – Barge Engineers – Jack Ups experience only – No drill ships experience required – with current OIM certification
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Barge Engineer is fully responsible for all the Marine aspects of the Rig's operation.
· To demonstrate and promote safety leadership
· Ranks below Rig Manager, has guaranteed assistance of Rig Mechanic and Rig Electrician
· Direct control of Crane Operators, Roustabouts and Paint crews.
· Has full authority to contact Management in the event of conflict.
· Personally responsible for own safety and conducting ones self to the standards of Nabors Policies and Procedures
· Responsible for ensuring Management is informed of validity of all vessel compliance and certifications required by Regulatory Authorities, Flag States and Local Government including Radio Installations, Hull Certifications, Pollution Prevention Equipment, Manuals and required documents.
· Responsible for maintaining the rig systems, drawings, Station Bills, Operating Manuals, Stability Programs and Marine Files to comply with #1 above.
· Responsible for overall seaworthiness of the vessel and soundness of the structure. Ensuring modifications are done in a professional manner, consistent with statutory rules, recorded, approved by Management and relevant Regulatory Authorities, including the recording of weights for maintenance of vessel stability and load line requirements.
· Responsible for maintaining and ensuring proper function of the Fire Main, Bulk, Bilge, Ballast, Drill Water, Raw Water, Potable Water, Fuel Oil and Low Pressure Air systems.
· Responsible for Organization and Housekeeping of main deck areas, including the loading, storage and monitoring of rig consumables, drill pipe, casing, bulk fluids, bull chemicals and various items. Also, for the supervision of Crane Operators, Roustabouts and paint crews.
· Responsible for the maintenance of all Marine Fire and Safety systems on board the vessel. Including, but not limited to: Lifeboats & Liferafts, Fire Systems, Lifesaving Appliances, Confined Space Entry, Gas Detection, Fire/Boat/Gas Drills, Radio equipment and mechanical/electrical compliance with regulatory requirements and the permit to work program.
· Responsible for the Safe Operation and Maintenance of Deck machinery, including: Cranes, Anchor Winches, Jacking Gear and Skidding Gear.
· Responsible for supervision of Catering staff, maintenance and cleanliness of the quarters.
· Responsible for ensuring good quality water.
· Responsible for the planning, preparations, logistics, equipment checks and operation of Jacking Panel during rig moves. In the absence of a Move Master, will be responsible for positioning of rig.
· Responsible for the planning, organization, logistics and execution of hull preventative maintenance program, including steel replacement, tank maintenance and protective coating program
· In the event of a forced abandonment, to ensure all Personnel are accounted for and to conduct a safe and efficient abandonment
· Ensure understanding of, and compliance with, Nabors permit to work system