Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Wallingford, CT, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overall purpose of the job:
Expro Meters is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with a background in the design and use of electronic instrumentation. Experience in safety and EMC certification of electronic products is required, with hazardous area product certification a plus. The person will be specific involved with the design and support of flow meters used in the oil and gas industry. Responsibilities will include the design of new flow meter and instrumentation products, support of existing products, and creation of materials such as user's manuals and technical documentation. This person will also be responsible for certification of Expro Meters products (CE, EMC, ATEX, etc) and for cable/gland/accessory selection to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for system and electronics design for new Expro Meters products.
- Responsible for electronics support of existing Expro Meters products.
- Responsible for certification activities, such as ordinary location safety, hazardous area and EMC, for Expro Meters products. Create and maintain certification documentation and records.
- Work with Sales and Operations to define and source cabling, glands, junction boxes, etc for field applications.
- Technical resource for configuration, programming and documentation of 3rd party instrumentation, including field and customer technical support.
- Prepare users manuals, technical bulletins, assembly and repair documentation to meet internal and customer requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with extensive product design experience.
- Agency certification experience desired.
- Hazardous area and oil/gas industry experience a plus.
Expro’s mission is well flow management. We provide services and products that measure, improve, control and process flow from high-value oil and gas wells, from exploration and appraisal through to mature field production optimisation and enhancement.
Our vision is to be the market leader in well flow management, using the industry’s best people, to deliver the highest standards of safety, quality and personalised customer service.
We provide a range of solutions across six areas of capability:
Exploration & Appraisal Testing
Subsea Safety Systems
Drilling & Completion
Flowback & Clean-up
Well Integrity & Intervention
Expro’s 40 years of experience and innovation empowers the company to offer tailor-made solutions for customers across the energy sector. With over 5,000 employees across 50 countries, Expro offers a truly global service solution.