Skills: Well Servicing & Testing
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
31788BR Senior Wells Engineer (Houston, TX) United States Houston Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- The position is intended to provide Completion Engineering or Production Technology representation on the Completion Effectiveness Team for Deepwater. The candidate, along with multidiscipline team members, will be responsible for contributing to the lifecycle value improvement for Deepwater wells in the GOM. The Completion Effectiveness team is a key initiative in the Focus to Win strategy and is charged as a central organization to collect best practices, gather competitor intelligence, design completions, measure results and work with the assets, process councils and functional teams to provide the most effective completions.
- Behavioral strengths include ability to analyze/solve problems, ability to communicate/persuade with a broad and diverse group of stakeholders, innovativeness, ability to foster a community, self-starter, customer focus, interpersonal skills, valuing differences in others including culture/ideas, and ability to deliver results.
- Project Design/Execution: Deliver world-class design and contribute to execution performance by embedding competitive scoping methodology in the front end of the Global Well Delivery Process (WDP).
- Lead collaborative effort across disciplines to drive new ideas and foster a performance mindset, challenging normal paradigms through risk-based, data-driven decision making.
- Responsible for collaborating with completion and well intervention operations teams to ensure designs are continuously improved based on learnings and feedback from relevant execution, after action reviews (AAR) documentation, and well production performance.
- HSSE – Integrate HSSE in well designs, ensuring they can be safely executed through close collaboration with execution teams. Actively promote HSSE and Sustainable Development (SD) in all activities and ensure compliance with business principles.
- Mentor junior staff in all aspects of completion engineering (design and operations) or production technology, and in interaction with other asset teams.
- Support and foster relationships with other asset teams including subsurface, production, facilities, and construction. Support engagements with JV partners as applicable and the development and analysis of competitive benchmarking to drive operational excellence.
- Actively drive the identification, development, and implementation of new technologies that will enhance the value of wells through improving execution efficiency or improving production performance.
- Develop annual personal performance review/management documents including performance contracts, individual development plans (IDPs) and goals and performance appraisals (GPAs).
- Drilling, Completions, Well Interventions, and Abandonment Experience on Onshore & Inland Water Wells Platforms, TLPs and MODUs.
- Multiple years of onsite well engineering support
- Shell Project lead for the Mars TLP Completions & Interventions Program
- Project Design on both TLP and Subsea projects through the entire ORP and WDP processes.
- Shell Project lead for the Olympus TLP Completion & Intervention Well Designs
- High Pressure High Temperature Drilling & Completion Well Design, including sour environments.
- Skilled in Well Control Techniques including Live Well Intervention Operations
- Familiar with BSEE Regulatory Requirements with regards to both Well Design & Execution
- Familiar with Shell Well Design & Pressure Control Standards
- One on One Coaching of Junior Staff & Information Sharing through Network Presentations and Design and Operational Peer Assists.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video