Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
37494BR Pipeline Controller - Houston, TX United States Houston, TX Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
Shell Pipeline Company LP Control Center remotely controls and monitors pipeline systems and terminals, as well as comply with the applicable Department of Transportation regulations contained in Subpart F--Operation and Maintenance of 49 CFR Part 195--Transportation of Hazardous Liquids by Pipeline.
The Pipeline Controller is responsible for the safe and efficient remote operation of pipelines, tanks, and pumping equipment involved in the transportation of crude oil and other products. The Controller must consistently ensure the safety of pipeline operations and prevent any environmental damage while meeting established schedules and customer needs, minimizing costs and securing product integrity.
This is a 24 hours 7 days a week operation which requires shift work.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient remote operation of pipelines, tanks, and pumping equipment involved in the transportation of crude oil and other products
- Consistently ensure the safety of pipeline operations and prevent any environmental damage while meeting established schedules and customer needs, minimizing costs and securing product integrity
- Dispatch personnel as necessary to respond to normal, abnormal, and emergency conditions
- Ensure safe and efficient operations of pipelines and associated components
- Prevent environmental damage by preventing releases and/or minimizing their consequences should one occur
- Meet established delivery schedules/customer needs
- Respond to abnormal and emergency conditions by following prescribed procedures
- Secure product/crude integrity
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a fulltime basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the Oil, Chemical, or Natural Gas Industry preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Service with Honorable Discharge preferred if no industry experience.
- Ability to work shift hours required.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video