Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
37526BR Patent Attorney United Kingdom
London, Bank Street or The Hague, Netherlands
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
What's the role?
At Shell we have over 11,000 patents and patent applications all across the world. They're estimated to have a value of over USD 1bn. We're now looking for someone to help give us the practical support we need to look after the relevant patent portfolio(s) across our Chemicals and Catalyst business areas.
What will you do?
You'll give us professional, timely, and cost-effective support and look after all of the procurement and advisory activities for the portfolios in the Chemicals and Catalyst business.
Here's a list of some of the things you'll do in this role:
- You'll arrange and obtain patents rights for the business and defend any patent disputes
- You'll help us identify and record Technology Trade Secrets
- You'll support, assess, and help to shape relevant Business, and Research and Development plans
- You'll help give advice and counsel about patent rights and the technology portfolios of third party companies
What we need from you
You're a registered European Patent Attorney with lots of post-EQE experience in all aspects of European patent law and practice. You'll also have a really good understanding of the relevant legal issues under domestic and foreign legal systems, and be the type of lawyer who can show how you build up knowledge in particular areas of law.
You'll also have:
- University degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field
- A national patent qualification
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Problem-solving, decision-making and drafting skills
- Ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing, negotiating and facilitation skills
- An understanding of Shell business activities and policies
What we offer you:
- At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel
- Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach
- Our culture allows you the flexibility and support to work in a way that suits you. Your work life balance is important to your overall sense of job satisfaction. So our open and flexible work environment gives you the flexibility and support to work in a way that suits you best
- The ability to connect with colleagues through our wide range of networks, such as the Shell Women’s Network, The Parents Network, enAble Network for colleagues with an impairment, the Experienced Professionals Network and many others, will ensure you quickly feel confident in your new environment. We'll also support you with access to mentors, coaches and informal networking opportunities
- Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can deliver and excel, feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace at Shell. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
Read more about a women's perspective here
People with an impairment
At Shell we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
Just let us know about your circumstances if you'd like to apply. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a long career with us.
Read more about how Shell support people with an impairment here
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video