Skills: HR - General
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
37856BR Learning Advisor: Senior Leader Development United States Houston, TX Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
Shell is currently seeking a Learning Advisor: Senior Leader Development to join our Enterprise Learning team in Houston, TX.
The role of the Learning Advisor is to build leadership capability proactively across the organization in line with the needs of our Strategy, our Leadership Attributes and by helping Shell Leaders Personally Developing the Best People, through leadership and delivery of world-class leadership development programs targeting in particular senior leaders.
A day in the life of a Shell Learning Advisor: Senior Leader Development:
- Provide thought leadership on all aspects of leadership development
- Coach Senior Leaders
- Lead the external/internal facilitation and coaching through the organization's leadership development programs
- Program Management. Including:
- Diagnosis, Design and Delivery
- Working with external partners
- Managing participant and line manager communications
- Collaborating seamlessly with internal and external faculty
- Measuring value and impact of activities to continually improve and meet the needs of the business
- Budget responsibilities
- Support and enable non-programmatic workplace development (leveraging virtual portfolio, leaders developing leaders).
- Apply the full spectrum of learning methods (on the job, blended, coaching / mentoring, classroom, networks).
- Actively participate in Senior Leader Development Team.
- Contribute to program delivery and interventions in other Enterprise Learning Portfolio teams.
- Manage Contracting and Procurement activities where appropriate.
Please Note: Role requires flexibility for occasional longer days and travel outside regular working hours / days, to support program delivery We are looking for someone with the following Skills, Experiences and Qualifications:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Must have 15 years experience as a Learning Professional within a large organization including:
- Experience as a Leadership Development / Operational Excellence practitioner (diagnosis, design and delivery) and managing Learning Development programs.
- Innovation in the area of leadership development
- Facilitation and/or coaching of leaders
- Proven business partnering / consulting experience (linking business challenges to capability building)
- Strong Project and Financial management capabilities
- Able to work remotely as part of a global team
This role will require a strong candidate who can quickly step into design and facilitation of senior leadership programs, working with external experts and senior Shell business faculty.
Note: This role will be on a 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video