Skills: Production Operator
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Pasadena, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
37865BR Pipeline Technician-Pasadena, TX United States Pasadena, Texas Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
The Pipeline Right-of-way (ROW)Technician is an individual contributor responsible for all ROW activities within a designated area.
General responsibilities include:
- Damage Prevention
- Emergency Response
- Management System Processes
- Physical ROW condition and Department of Transportation (DOT) inspections
- Participation in Public Awareness activities
- Execution of physical responses to One Call excavation tickets in accordance with the Shell Pipeline Inspection & Maintenance manual
- Identification of external threats to pipeline integrity and provides recommendations for mitigation
Additionally the role requires the ability to communicate well at all levels in the organization, strong process discipline and the following duties (including but not limited to):
- Completing permits and work documents as needed
- Performing all work in a safe manner to achieve Goal Zero
- Ensuring all physical conditions and ROW activities are within State, Federal and Shell regulations
- Responsible for Damage Prevention Activities which includes but not limited to; monitoring and responding within the required timeframe to one-call tickets
- Meeting with 3rd party contractors to mark lines prior to excavation and construction activities and perform standby to monitor the work when necessary
- Responsible for completing PL-799 form to document communication with contractors excavating or performing work on Shell ROW or near Shell assets
- Responsible for completing PL-746 form to document all exposed piping and communicating with other staff to update alignment drawings
- Responding to ROW emergencies immediately and complete necessary documents
- Responsible for maintaining and managing physical condition of ROW; which includes but not limited to evaluate vegetation status, maintaining ROW markers and signage, reporting obstruction and encroachments on ROW, identify and coordinate washout repairs.
- Communicating with Air Patrol to respond to reports of encroachment or activity by 3rd parties on ROW.
- Responsible for Public Awareness activities on ROW; including maintaining contact and relationships with Landowners and Emergency Responders, and attending community awareness events
- Actively supporting and participating in the LEAN processes, audits, inspections, and other Pipeline Initiatives
- Completing and staying compliant with all required Federal, State, and Local regulations and Operator Qualification, Measurement Policies & Procedures, and HSSE training and standards
- Additional duties may vary based on product, location, and on/offshore activites
This position's work location is listed as Pasadena, TX but depending on business needs the selected candidate may be assigned to other locations in the Texas/Louisiana East Area.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must have obtained an Associates of Applied Science degree in Pipeline Integrity and have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
In addition to the academic requirements listed above, applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
- Prior Shell work experience in the form of an internship is preferred
- Willingness to take and achieve satisfactory results on Shell’s pre-employment testing battery
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Willing to respond to emergencies as part of the Emergency Response Team with or without accommodation
- To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 60 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm
- Possess or are you able to obtain Hazardous Materials certification
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair drug testing. Are you willing to submit to all pre-employment checks?
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company’s safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video