Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Port Arthur, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
37951BR MOTIVA - Performance Analyst - Port Arthur, TX United States Port Arthur Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
The Performance Analyst's objectives are to provide financial analysis and controllership service to the Refinery and the Base Oils Commercial Group. The Performance Analyst will analyze margins and the financial performance of the PAR Base Oils segment to Refinery Management and the Base Oils Commercial Group. The Performance Analyst will also act as the focal point for the refinery’s Other/Non-Hydrocarbon Cost of Goods Sold expenditures and will provide support for monthly closing and margin analysis. Additionally the Performance Analyst will provide backup support to the Sr. Product Analysts to ensure sufficient coverage for the Hydrocarbon team, and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders and understand the operations of both the fuels and lubricants sides of the business.
Exposure to senior management will occur through the presentation of monthly business reviews and other ad hoc assignments for both the PAR Refinery and the Base Oils Commercial Group.
This position will report to the PAR Hydrocarbon Finance Team Lead.
- Performance/Margin analysis of the Base Oils segment as well as the non-hydrocarbon costs that impact overall Refinery gross margin
- Identify areas for expense reduction opportunities and lead effort to realize the reductions.
- Intimate knowledge of contracts applicable to COGS to know whether contracts are being utilized to fullest extent.
- Provide analysis, interpretation and reporting of financial and operational performance, including accurate COGS forecasts and meaningful monthly variance explanations.
- Support and guide local operational teams to enable appropriate management of fixed and variable refining costs through active communication and participation in routine meetings.
- Provide support and analysis on investment decision making.
- Coordinate development of Base Oils and Refinery COGS T&R. Assure key issues are identified and addressed in the Business Plan.
- Aggressively adopt best practices with special attention to learning from others and standardization.
- Participate in Finance networks and other initiatives.
- Coordinate the analysis, understanding, and reporting of data in benchmarking exercises (i.e. Solomon).
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- MBA Degree considered an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years in Finance or Accounting position.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video