Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Deer Park, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
38003BR Security Specialist - Deer Park, TX United States Houston / Deer Park Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
The Security Specialist is a member of the Health, Safety, Security & Environmental department, & the Shell Deer Park Security team, which is responsible for providing protection of the Shell Deer Park Chemical & Refinery facility personnel, assets (including third-parties located on Shell Deer Park proper), & Company reputation on a 24-hour a day basis.
Serve as the on-site Security representative in the absences of the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and the Alternate FSO.
Ensure field security operations and employees are in compliance with all aspects of the Facility Security Plan (FSP). Responsible for handling Security Sensitive Information (SSI);
Have strong working knowledge of Maritime Transportation Security Act regulations and other relevant federal, state, and local government legislation and regulations.
Have direct interface with other elements of the HSSE, Operations, Maintenance and Project/TA’s.
Develop, initiate and manage enhanced complex security and safety projects to meet regulatory compliance requirements.
Conduct security audits, briefings and awareness training for employees, contractors, vendors and visitors.
Document and report known or suspected security breaches, violations, or incidents in accordance with Corporate and/or government guidelines.
Ensures Coordination of the initial security response for or to:
- All levels and types of security threats and/or patterns
- Pro-Actively engage in prevention and protection mitigation strategies and tactics
- Various types of investigations (on behalf of Shell and on-site third-parties) that include suspected or actual criminal activity, motor vehicle accidents, work place violence or other events that require documentation
- Emergency incidents related to a fire, toxic release, SMART (ambulance) run, external threat or special operations (including Terrorist or Bomb Threat, suspicious parcel or substances, etc.) and natural disasters
- Life Saving Rule violations or other security/safety violations
- All on-site vessels
- Ensure all required documentation is completed for vessels (Declarations of Security)
- Ensure seafarer’s access to and from vessels
Act as the Security Department Liaisons with other Shell departments, along with Federal, State, Local and other security stakeholder partners.
Security protection for the Shell Deer Park facility & personnel including, but not limited to:
1,500 acre site
1,500 Shell employees
2,000 - 6,500 contractors depending on project &/or turnaround activity
2 miles of waterfront, 7.5 miles of perimeter (includes 2.4 miles along State highway)
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- High School diploma, certificate of completion or commissioning from a military training school or state accredited law enforcement academy.
- A minimum five (5) years of security related work experience that includes, but is not limited to, detailed investigations, interviewing techniques, prevention and protection techniques, intelligence analysis and application of Federal, State and/or local statutes.
- A minimum five (5) years active duty law enforcement and/or military police/protection detail experience.
- A minimum three (3) years experience working in a petro-chem or similar industrial environment.
- A minimum three (3) years experience working with security contracts and contractors (guard force, k-9, etc.)
- Must have strong operational knowledge of all site security systems (e.g., Infront, iQuest, M-30 gates, DevTel CCTV).
- Must have a strong ability to manage field level security projects with various operational groups (e.g., truck routes, road signage, etc.).
- Must have completed Facility Security Officer (FSO) Training.
- Must have an active Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Completed NIMS/ICS 100, 200, 300 & 400 preferred courses.
- Completed NIMS/ICS 100, 200, 300 & 400 courses, preferred
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video