Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Makati City, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
To contribute to the Legal Downstream syndicate in the Philippines delivering the best business outcome for Shell at competitive cost, prioritizing:
1. Business Partnering
2. Information Management
3. People Development
4. Continuous Improvement
Specifically, to ensure that legal advice and services (that are commercially viable and legally sound) relating to clients [Commercial Fuels, Aviation (Marketing & Operations), Marine, Specialities, Lubricants Marketing, Human Resources, Pension Funds, Information Technology, Taxation] as well as notarial, corporate and corporate secretarial services to the Shell Companies in the Philippines and North Pacific Islands (Guam, Saipan and Palau) and Pension Funds and the Shell Group are provided in a pro-active, timely, cost effective and professional manner.
Challenges of the Legal Counsel include, among others:
- To help ensure compliance by PSPC with all the reportorial and disclosure requirements of a publicly listed company (i.e. SEC and PSE).
- To help ensure the continued viability and stability of the Shell businesses interests within the framework of a risk-based approach and to protect their interest in relation to any potential claims, disputes, inquiries, legal proceedings and commercial negotiations.
- Provide and manage timely legal support in relation to new business development proposed participation in ventures, including documentation and negotiation.
- Provide legal support to ensure compliance with national, local and internal requirements (e.g. Shell General Business Principles, Shell Code of Conduct, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Anti-Money Laundering Policy, Competition Law, etc.) in the conduct of its business and petroleum operations. Develop, revise and implement strategy in case of obstacles in securing the necessary licenses.
- Maintain good working relations with external counsels and regulators
- Develop and maintain an efficient document management system using Sharepoint and LDMS.
- Keeping abreast of jurisprudential and legislative developments
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
The Team supports the Downstream businesses in the Philippines and North Pacific Islands (Guam, Saipan and Palau) as well as the Shell Business Service Centre Manila.
- Admitted to the Philippine Bar, with at least two years of relevant experience in a reputable law firm and/or in a corporate legal department.
- Champion of good corporate governance
- Has demonstrated the ability and willingness to learn, to work collaboratively in a team, and to deliver with minimal supervision.
- Experience in downstream petroleum industry and the corporate secretarial practice relating to a publicly listed corporation is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Have a good understanding of a broad range of Philippine laws, rules and regulations, especially those which apply to large infrastructure projects in the Philippines.
- Familiar with the investment, commercial, health, safety and environmental laws.
- Experienced in resolving permit and regulatory issues which are critical for business continuity.
- Capable of building and maintaining good and productive relationships with the relevant Philippine Government agencies.
- Able to collaborate with external legal counsel in an efficient and cost-effective manner, and make judicious use of Philippine counsel as and when appropriate.
- Develop working practices that add value to the in-house customers initiatives.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video