Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Tabangao, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
38223BR Senior Buyer Philippines Tabangao, Batangas Shell has been present in the Philippines since 1914 and today employs more than 3,000 people. Shell’s diversity of operations in the Philippines attracts world-class graduates and experienced professionals alike. Our commitment to your career and learning is evidenced by our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled access to a local and global pool of experts. Innovation is imbedded in our working culture, and you will benefit from our drive to help you succeed and unlock your potential. The Shell companies in the Philippines (SciP) include various companies operating in oil and gas exploration, production, oil refining, distribution and sales to consumers. Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation (PSPC) refines, blends, transports and sells a wide range of high quality fuels, lubricants, liquefied petroleum gas, bitumen and other specialty oil-based products. It operates a 93-thousand barrels per day refinery, 22 oil depots across the country and over 970 retail stations nationwide. Position Purpose: Manage the execution of the Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) including Contract Strategy, Tactics and Contract Management activities for the assigned portfolio and collaborate with:
- Shell stakeholders in development / execution of procurement strategies with the aim of value maximization.
- Internal (Shell) & External (Suppliers) Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal. Align with Business/Function priorities to deliver integrated cost saving targets.
- Procurement Managers, Category Managers and regional Manufacturing Senior Buyers to maximize value from Operational Contracts and implement Enterprise Framework Agreement (EFA) and Category contracts
- Regional Trading House Procurement Managers to optimize third-party low value spend through Trading Houses
- CP Delivery resources based in the Asia Pacific region to maximize delivery in Tabangao
The Senior Buyer will be responsible to ensure supply continuity to the Shell Business. Senior Buyer is accountable for aggregating/leveraging third-party spend/demand and to develop/execute the sourcing strategy to optimize Shell’s buying power and reduce the overall 3rd party spend.
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for assigned purchases which meets the Business Demand while taking into account potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/regional level.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in accordance to CMCP as an overall ‘guidance’.
- Strategy to be presented 6 months before the contract expiry and award to be completed before the contract expiry.
- Drive contract performance and spend reduction through contract management.
- Manage one of Purchases and reduce/rationalize the number of contracts/suppliers.
- Business Interface: Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from Shell Business and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. Constructively challenge the Business Demand, Specification &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Supplier Interface: Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics through contract management (Eg: HSSE, Operations, Cost). Constructively challenge the suppliers in terms of contract performance while building a strong network in the market, be fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Process: Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus. Work with Short and Long Form Model Contracts Library (MCL) Contract Template to establish competitive terms for the contracts.
- Business or Engineering degree and 2 years experience within Contracting & Procurement
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply qualification would be preferred but not mandatory.
- Track record of delivery in a commercial environment and be able to show good customer focus
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, ‘can do’, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner
- Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, translates strategy to outcomes
- Brings external market/supplier into the conversation (curiosity)
- Has effective influencing skills and can flex his/her style to audience
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Ability to work independently and have strong analytical skills
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video