Skills: HR - General
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Hong Kong, Hong kong
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
38322BR Retail Learning Advisor, Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong - Landmark East As one of the world’s leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. Shell is committed to high standards of health, safety and environmental performance; to upholding honesty, integrity and respect for people in every aspect of our operation; and to the equal treatment and development of staff. Shell has been active in Hong Kong for a century. Our business activities in Hong Kong include Retail, LPG, Commercial Fuel, Lubricants, Bitumen, Aviation and Marine. For more information, please visit: http://www.shell.com.hk
Retail Learning Advisor for Hong Kong (HK) is a role that provides focused learning support to a key market that is part of an important cluster in the Greater China region. The higher purpose of the Learning team is to instill a continuous learning mindset amongst Shell Staff, Retailers & Site Staff to ENABLE individuals to own their personal development and PROVIDE for themselves and loved ones.
Retail Learning Advisor will support the Retail Learning Manager, China and Hong Kong in delivering Retail HK’s business agenda through development and operationalization of both internal and external people capability-building strategies for Shell Retail Staff, Retailers & Service Champions.
As an integral part of the Retail Learning community, you can be involved in
(1) the design and delivery of learning programs in Greater China Region to drive & achieve business & resource synergy, and
(2) the design and implementation of global projects – in HR, learning and the business.
Additionally, you will
• Engage and perform in a virtual team setting.
• Ensure training is not perceived as the only solution to competence development/enhancement and solution to all business problems
• Partner & obtain buy-in from Retailers to deliver site staff training on time and in full, with proper records maintained for audit purposes.
Position Description - Purpose
Provide the most appropriate learning solutions in line with business priorities, and to develop & demonstrate a strong understanding & visible expertise in the following areas:
- Act as a Performance Consultant to a wide range of business and function (CoB/F) leaders & teams to support the delivery of business priorities through structured capability-building of staff within the Retail Organisation and Retailers.
- Collaborate with key business and functional Managers to establish learning needs and drive frontline capability development plans for Frontline Leaders and Retailers.
- Deliver on agreed learning priorities in a manner that provides assurance of completion and quality with cost efficiencies to stakeholders within agreed timelines.
- Enable Retail Shell Staff, Retailers and Site Staff to have access to required knowledge and skills to perform their roles competently with development solutions designed with them in mind
Position Description - Accountabilities
- Identify learning needs and be the trusted adviser as a learning professional enabled through strong engagements and partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Design & develop creative, cost effective, fit-for-purpose and sustainable learning solutions that are in line with business requirements and HK legislations.
- Deliver and evaluate learning programmes for the target learning audience. Key interventions include (but not limited to):
- Indirect Workforce: Frontline Service Champions – Retailers, Shift Managers and Site Staff
- Direct Workforce: Shell Staff across all functions in Retail HK
- Range of Curriculum:
- Safety (HSSE)
- Supervisory (e.g. Coaching, Leadership development, Personal Effectiveness, etc)
- Functional (Role specific, such as Forecourt Attendant, Cashier, Co-Locator, etc)
- Partner HR Account Manager to drive Country Learning Agenda to build people capability across Shell HK.
- Create and foster a continuous learning orientation and culture within the business.
- Develop strong business partnership with all Line Managers and HR to understand Shell Staff development needs, provide learning expertise as required to support the people capability agenda.
- Demonstrate strong expertise in training and facilitation skills, including (but not limited to) the use of various learning tools, media and methods with diverse audiences.
- Support the Retail Learning Manager, China & Hong Kong in the delivery of the learning plan and implementation of Global/Local projects/initiatives and learning interventions for the country - including direct facilitation of training events to retail staff and retailers in HK.
- Manage budgets, administration and end-to-end processes governing all learning activites for both the direct and indirect workforce.
- Manage the 3rd Party Trainers (Training Officers – TO), responsible to upskill Service Champions across HK and Macau as per agreed terms with the business. Drive and support the Train the Trainer Concept: Ensure Retailers & Training Buddies are equipped with the tools and skills to train their staff using fit-for-purpose content, methodology and materials.
- Maintain the Retail Academy as per the standards agreed with Sales & Operations team.
Prior experience in HR and Commercial roles within Retail are considered. Strong experience of at least 3 years in a Learning role with facilitation, intervention and instructional design exposure will be preferred.
Ability to demonstrate and employ strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills across a wide group of stakeholders both internally and externally, in both face-to-face and virtual settings.
Able to work as part of a virtual learning community with high self-accountability and to operate and perform with minimum supervision.
Fluent in spoken and written English & Cantonese
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video