Skills: Production Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Poinsettia, Trinidad and Tobago
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
38362BR Production Manager Trinidad and Tobago Poinsettia As one of the world’s leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. Shell is committed to high standards of health, safety and environmental performance; to upholding honesty, integrity and respect for people in every aspect of our operation; and to the equal treatment and development of staff. Shell has been active in Trinidad for a century. Our business activities in Trinidad include Lubricants, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) partnering and high technical coach and support for the oil & gas industry.
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavor to work at the leading edge of technical innovation. Responsibilities
- Is accountable for safe operation of the installation in line with the Safety Case, local regulations and legislation and Shell Standards.
- Champions and provides leadership and coaching towards delivery of a high performing safety culture.
- Ensures high standars of Asset Integrity in new and existing installations.
- Provides production and cost leadership, maximising value from functional experts, industry best practice, and synergies between operations.
- Continuously builds offshore organisational capability, assuring technical competencies are met and exceeded.
- Lead on health, safety, and welfare of persons onboard and within 500m zone or on site. Engendering a culture of continuous HSSE and Asset Integrity performance improvement, lead the onshore or offshore teams to achieving sustained incident free operations.
- Deal with the safe execution of all works taking place within the 500m zone including but not limited to; drilling, diving, projects, marine operations, maintenance, Asset Integrity and production operations.
- Accountability for facilitating effective cross functional working ensuring safety, operational integrity and delivery against business plan is achieved, managing competing interests from production, optimisation, maintenance and projects.
- Responsible for performance management, installation processes and systems as well as people and organisation, setting the direction for the installation and develop and deliver against plans and influence key areas of operations strategy.
Processes and systems
- Authorised to take any actions necessary to maintain safe operations of the installation.
- Authortised to mobilise any required emergency response resources.
- Key player in the development of the annual and life of field OPEX budget.
- Holder and accountable for the installation OPEX budget.
- Influence planning for the execution of drilling and project campaigns.
People and Organisation
- Responsible for advising the Asset Manager with regards to the installation organisation and resource required to safely deliver the business plan.
- Recognised within the asset as an authority on all matters impacting the installation (from health and safety to commercial and production performance).
- Influence key areas of operations and production strategy over life of field.
- Engineering degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience in OIM guidelines and external Health and Safety legislation.
- Successful track record of consistently delivering on HSSE, Operations Excellence and management of either multiple projects or multi-disciplinary teams in an Upstream Oil & Gas Environment.
- Extensive experience in leadership roles in an offshore front line environment., providing formal mentoring .
- Proficiency in English, both written and oral.
- 10+ years experience working in Oil & Gas Business, preferably in Operators.
- Must be eligible to work for any employer in Trinidad and Tobago without sponsorship.
- Undertsanding of Offshore and Onshore legislation and local HSSE legislation.
- In depth knowledge of offshore platform design and function and full understanding of the purpose and content of the Safety Case.
- Oil and gas processing, reservoir engineering & development principles, and water treatment.
- Thorough understanding of design and application of safe systems of work and permit to work procedures.
- Proven experience and documented competency necessary to manage an Offshore or Onshore hydrocarbon processing installation.
- Controlling major emergencies; including a valid OIM Major Emergency Management certificate issued by a recognised assessment organisation.
- Incumbent will have a visible presence on site, including interacting with onshore support teams to support the ongoing business needs.
- Must be locally mobile to commute to various onshore or offshore sites as required by job responsibility.
- Rotational working and occasional overseas travel.
- Mandatory safety, medical regulatory requirements for travel and working offshore or onshore.
IMPORTANT: due to system issues, the option "Trinidad and Tobago" is currently unavailable on the "Country/Region of Interest" section of this application process. Therefore, when you reach this particular section after starting your application, please select another country in Latin America region, and keep in mind that this will not affect your application in any way.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video