Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Singapore, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
38407BR Turnaround Logistic Lead Singapore Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
- Act at all times in accordance with Shell HSSE policy on Health, Safety, Security and Environment.
- Lead the Turnaround (TA) Logistic Team through all the phases of the Downstream Manufacturing Plant TA cycle (TA Strategy through Look-back).
- Primary Liaison Officer with Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site (PBU) Police Force, 3rd party vendors/specialist and external parties, i.e. Mapletree.
- Defining plant boundaries and available surrounding land/storage/staging areas.
- Draw up master site plot plan/real estate plans showing all logistics requirements, including facility siting, human traffic/vehicle/material/tools/equipment movements, sequencing & up-keeping.
- Design and enforce effective process to secure & set up in-plot/off-plot/outside PBU lay-down arrangements, fabrication yard and quarantine areas.
- Design and enforce process for setting up stores and receipt/issue protocol, procedures and record keeping.
- Design and enforce effective process for setting up water washing & chemical cleaning bays (water supply, drainage & access).
- Design and enforce timely collection and transportation system between Turnaround (TA) activities with warehouse & workshops.
- Support emergency response logistics requirements – fire assembly points, toxic refuges, fire-fighting equipment, alarms, showers & eye-wash.
- Enforce efficient protocol for receiving on site, locating, protecting, distributing, and disposing of – material, consumables & proprietary items; tools & equipment; vehicle & carnage; services & utilities; accommodation & facilities.
- Oversee the organizing of site infrastructures for Turnaround (TA) Events – meeting rooms, blast resistance modules, car parks, TA war-room setup, permit counters, tool-rooms, setting up of GI-network/WIFI & grid network.
- Ensure effective coordination of engineering logistics requirement inputs from all TA planners, execution parties & technical disciplines: constructability issues, problem solving, evaluation of options and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure effective control of waste, catalyst & hazardous substances movement, storage & disposal.
- Oversee the daily needs provision of all TA personnel & contractors – food & drinks, shelters & rest areas, changing rooms & toilet facilities, gears/tools, IT/communication devices, field & office supplies.
- Ensure effective control of all access to site & roads, including organizing movements of bulk work, people & vehicles during Turnaround (TA) Events.
- Draw up TA overlay - fuel tenders, temporary cabling, utilities piping routes, marshalling of scaffolds & insulation, parking area for equipment, vehicle parking lots, excavation sites.
- Ensure seamless execution of all TA Event’s logistical administrative works – workshops, meetings & celebrative events, work permit applications/passes, safety induction, coordinate schedule & procure resources for bus & ferry transportation, road closures, distribution of welfare items to contractors, logistics cost, etc.
- Prepare and develop cost estimates for all logistical needs for input into TA investment proposal.
- Ensure clean demobilization from site all materials/equipment, tools, facilities, piping and temporary installations after TA Event.
- Ensure all TA assets/surpluses are catalogued & made good/restored to original working conditions by loaned parties, i.e. timely returned/duly compensated in cash or in kind.
- Participate in TA Lesson Learned process for each TA Event, lead the discussion for logistics management look-back.
- Post TA Event, advise TA Manager on projected next cycle of unit TA and potential logistics requirements/improvements.
- Oversee the smooth functioning of TA surplus warehouse & primary custodian of all TA assets.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant work experience, mainly supply chain/logistics function in Refinery/ Petrochemical Plant or large scale logistics mobilization environment.
- Proven team execution leadership.
- Proven experience with multiple Turnaround (TA) Events being planned and executed simultaneously preferred.
- Warehouse management experience
- Strong logistic experience
- Proven asset management and infrastructure experience
- Proven waste management experience
- Strong stakeholder management
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video