Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
38447BR MOTIVA Site Turnaround Manager (Port Arthur, TX) United States Port Arthur, TX Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
Lead and develop Port Arthur’s turnaround strategy and the delivery of safe and effective turnaround events.
- Build, develop, and maintain a capable and efficient organization and work processes which provide a fit for purpose turnaround support to meet site goals and objectives.
- Leads the Site T/A Strategy Team and implements effective Turnaround processes at site and ensures long term integration of the same (examples include risk based scope challenge, addenda process, mandatory work, etc.)
- Resource broker for site based resources utilized for Turnaround support as well as soliciting other sites for support.
- Develops Site Turnaround Strategy and maintains evergreen – cycles, business alignment, communication, etc. – including the 10 year site turnaround forecast. Integrates site strategy with regional strategy.
- Ensures the Turnaround Milestones are met with high quality deliverables.
- Actively participates in the development of regional contracting strategy and champions regional contracting strategy for the site.
- Site contract owner for T/A mechanical contractors.
- Ensures the turnarounds are executed in compliance with safety and environmental standards and regulations
- Ensures alignment of turnaround deliverables with all stakeholders – Projects, Pressure Equipment, Rotating Equipment, Operations, and respective Businesses.
- Ensures multi-discipline integration and alignment of contractor and Motiva organization.
- Ensures Best Practices are incorporated into site work processes to drive consistency across organizations and turnarounds
- Ensures effective benchmarking utilized to measure performance, identify and close gaps, to improve turnaround performance.
- Budget - Capital Budgets ranging $75 million to 200+ million year dependant on size & number of turnaround events
- Motiva staff: Approximately 45
- Contract and Functional support staff: Ranges 5 - 15 FTE
- Contract Labor: Ranges from 250 to 1000+ during execution
- Turnarounds Managed – T/A events from low to high complexity
- Minimum 15+ years experience in maintenance, turnarounds, projects and / or engineering at a manufacturing location
- Degree in Engineering or similar discipline preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focus
- Team working
- Leadership and coaching
- Project management and long-term planning skills
- Knowledge of HSSE management systems.
- Knowledge of contracting and procurement processes
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video