Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Vancouver, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Power and Process business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of Canada’s gas processing, power generation, and power distribution companies.
Amec Foster Wheeler currently have an exciting opportunity for a Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Project Coordinator. Reporting to the HSSE Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has the overall responsibility for providing HSSE support to the British Columbia Power and Process leadership and HSSE teams on all safety, health, and environmental matters. This role has direct responsibility for the coordination of all safety activities, including but not limited to:
- Safety incident reporting, communication, tracking and corrective action follow
- Preparation of monthly program HSSE report as well as project-specific HSSE reports when requested
- HSSE statistical analysis
- Journey management process reviews and tracking
- Coordination and tracking of HSSE training activities
- Administration and management of HSSE common mailbox
- HSSE process/procedure development, implementation and scheduled reviews
- Site safety inspections/support as required.
- Safety resource for program employees
- Researches new technology, processes and products that will benefit Power & Process Americas HSSE
- HSSE document and records management requirements
- HSSE communication
- COR certification maintenance coordination
- Perform local level audits/inspections and program compliance/reviews
- Completing ergonomic assessments
Skills / Qualifications
- Completion of a diploma from a recognized institute of technology in Occupational Safety and Health plus one (1) year of experience in a technical/trade job in operations, electrical, maintenance, construction or equivalent industry where at least 50% of the role is safety-oriented; or
Completion of a certificate from a recognized institute of technology in Occupational Safety and Health plus two (2) years experience in a safety trainee role or three (3) years experience technical/trade job in operations, electrical, maintenance, construction or equivalent industry where at least 50% of the role is safety-oriented; or
Completion of the Construction Safety Officer (CSO) Primary and Supplemental Levels working towards Certification as a CSO through ASTTBC plus five (5) years experience in a technical/trade job in operations, electrical, maintenance, construction or equivalent industry where at least 50% of the role is safety-oriented
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- General knowledge of other fields related to HSSE sufficient to research and provide guidance
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.