Skills: Civil Engineering, Construction Manager, Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Baltimore, MD, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Insituform Technologies, Inc. is looking for an experienced Area Manager for our Atlantic Region.
Insituform Technologies, Inc., is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform's businesses consist of sewer, drinking water, and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform's technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods.
The Area Manager is the business leader responsible for the profit and loss and business development for the Atlantic Area in the North America Rehabilitation group.
- Directly supervise Project Managers and various support staff. Moreover, he/she possesses overall supervisory responsibility for all project and support personnel within a defined area.
- Partner with General Manager to prepare business plans that align with strategic objectives structure and staff organization to meet commitments in business plan.
- Lead organizational development to create and maintain a high-performance culture.
- Establish individual performance objectives and mentor personnel to drive high-impact behaviors and maintain focus on priorities.
- Manage business operations to achieve revenue and income objectives as well as operating and capital budgets to control costs and optimize return on assets.
- Manage operating cycle to generate cash flow from operations and minimize DSOs.
- Ensure projects are managed to support revenue and profitability plans and that processes to deliver all projects to as-bid gross margins are implemented consistently across the business unit.
- BA/BS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred or equivalent.
- MBA is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years project management experience, preferably within the water, sewer or industrial construction industry.
- Must have strong management track record with business success in leading and motivating teams within a very diverse culture. Experience leading cross functional teams.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower an organization.
- Experience managing teams with strong safety performance records with incident rates below industry average.
- Solid background and clear understanding of financial statements (Asset, Income, Sales, Net Operating Profit, etc.) is required. Clear understanding of managerial financial information, plus familiarity with "percent of cost" accounting system.
- Must be able to travel as needed
Insituform Technologies, LLC offers Competitive Salary with a full benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, and much more, as well as the opportunity for growth within an expanding worldwide company.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.