Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - SAP / ERP, Student / Recent Grad
Education: Some College
Location: Golden, CO, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): CO - Golden; TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow?- A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you-re looking for.
Xcel Energy has an opportunity for a long-term internship with the Information Technology organization. This unique internship will offer access to work with the Enterprise Applications departments of IT. The successful candidate will gain insight and exposure to the elements Application Maintenance and Application Development from a utility perspective. Over the course of 18 months of part-time employment (20 weekly hours), the intern through hands on work will learn how technology application is developed and maintained.
The applicant must be energetic and competent, and willing to commit a minimum 18-month part-time internship program with Xcel Energy Information Technology organization. The length of the internship could be extended to adjust to the intern-s graduation date. The applicants graduation date must not precede the completion date of the internship program.
Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate degree in the field of computer science, management information systems, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics. Must be a current student. No graduate student applicants, please
- Junior standing or will be junior status in next few months.
- High academic standing - GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Strong work ethic and initiative
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Any experiences with the following technologies would be desired - Windows, UNIX (AIX and Linux), TCP/IP Cisco (routers and switches), Korn/Born/C shell scripting, C/C++, Java, SQL Server, SQL/PLSQL, Oracle, OSISoft- PI
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Golden