Skills: Field Service Tech, Heavy Machinery Operator
Other Skills: Class CDL
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc. provides pressure pumping and well services to oil and gas exploration and production companies in Texas.
The Equipment Operator 1 will be responsible for working as one of the crew members assigned to the field (cementing, acidizing, fracturing, or other, as required). The candidate must possess a valid CDL, demonstrate safe work habits, and be able to follow directions and work well as part of a team.
- The Equipment Operator 1 will comply with all Company and customer Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) rules, practices and guidelines.
- The Equipment Operator 1 will operate and maintain assigned equipment in a safe manner during a possible 12-24 hour work shift.
- The Equipment Operator 1 will ensure that a high level of efficiency and readiness is achieved by performing proper equipment operation, function and maintenance.
- The Equipment Operator 1 will conduct proper Job Safety Analysis (JSA) in compliance with Company regulations.
- The Equipment Operator 1 will perform rigging up, and rigging down, as well as operate and maintain one or more of the following equipment: frac pump, Sandstorm, blender, chem-add, hydration, bulk truck, field bin, cement pump etc.
- The Equipment Operator 1 will, on a rotational basis, perform the duties of gate guard for all incoming traffic to customer locations.
- The Equipment Operator 1 will maintain proper DOT logging, to include: accurate and current driver's log reporting; driver's logs turned in daily; accurate mileage and fuel reporting; and complying with all hours of service regulations.
- The Equipment Operator 1 will perform pre-trip inspections and post-trip inspections, such as: proper fluid level checks and service as needed; proper brake inspections and slack adjustments as needed; proper tire inspections; proper working condition of lights; complete documentation and reporting of any defective equipment; inspecting, reporting and maintaining proper documentation of equipment; daily signing off on post trip report, etc.
- The Equipment Operator 1 will fill out and maintain shipping documents for hazmat transportation, including proper use of placards and labels and securing loads.
- The Equipment Operator 1 will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL (Tanker and Hazmat endorsements are a plus), with manual shift experience, a satisfactory driving record for the past 3 years, with no DWI/DUI convictions within the past 5 years, and no current DWI/DUI charges.
- Must be able to pass a DOT drug test and medical examination.
- Must meet the minimum physical requirements (Functional Capacity Evaluation).
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well with others, and work independently when required.
- Must possess an acceptable criminal history, including completion of a pre-hire criminal background check, in compliance with Company verification requirements.
- Hazmat and tanker endorsements.
Employee must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, including wearing any required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times. This position requires the employee to work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation and heights. Employee must be able to work closely with others in the confined area of the job, in a fast-paced team environment, and work independently when required or directed, taking initiative when necessary. Employee must be willing to work a possible 24-hour shift that can include days or nights, as well as weekends and holidays, and must stay alert and focused during the shift while performing repetitive and routine activities. Employee must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals, to make job related calculations; basic computer skills are necessary. Employee must demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English. This position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and crawling on uneven surfaces, and climbing equipment ladders or stairs throughout the work shift. This position requires basic keyboarding or other small motor skills occasionally (25% - 50% of the time). This position requires operation of heavy equipment or vehicles almost always (> 75% of the time). This position requires lifting/pushing objects (50 lbs max) almost always (> 75% of the time). This position requires climbing or working in awkward or cramped positions a majority of the time (50% - 75% of the time). This position requires walking or standing for prolonged periods a majority of the time (50% - 75% of the time). This position requires working nights and/or weekends almost always (> 75% of the time). This position requires the employee to be on-call 24 hours per day almost always (> 75% of the time).
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.