Baton Rouge, LA, US
Baton Rouge, LA, US
Skills: Chemist, Research & Development
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Albemarle, we've built a thriving international business by envisioning a limitless future and putting innovation to work to improve people's lives. That's our culture. That's our commitment. And when you join our team, it's an opportunity you share with talented men and women around the globe. Anyone can give you a job. At Albemarle, we believe you deserve more. Something big enough to build a future. Big enough to change the world.
The Shared Research and Technology organization provides a range of technical services (process development, process economic evaluation, reactive hazards, library and analytical) to multiple businesses within Albemarle. The organization is also a key entry point for new technical talent into the company. The Director of this organization will be responsible for continuing and expanding upon a tradition of functional excellence and people development while optimizing the shared service model.
- Direct supervision of 4 managers with overall responsibility for an organization of approximately 65 employees.
- Maintain and further develop strong technical expertise in key areas within the organization
- Actively develop talent at all levels for future leadership roles
- Maintain an innovative culture
- Drive operating efficiencies within the organization
- Manage the expectations of internal customers which is essentially the leadership of each of Albemarle's global business units
- 15+ years total experience in process development, process engineering, research and development, and/or chemical manufacturing. A mix of difference experience types is preferred
- 8+ years supervisory experience
- A strong background in analytical chemistry and operation of high end analytical laboratories would be very helpful. A strong general knowledge of analytical chemistry is required.
- Demonstrated experience leading other managers
- Demonstrated experience in growing and transforming organizations especially in the areas of people development, operational and technical excellence
- Demonstrated ability to lead change
- Strong cost center management experience and ability to map costs to value
- Strong people skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience managing a service organization and managing internal customer expectations is highly preferred
- Minimum B.S. in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry. Advanced degree preferred but not required.
The Shared R&T Services Director will report to the Head of Bromine Research and Technology. The following organizations would report directly to the position....(a) process development (b) process evaluation (c) reactive hazards (d) Information services / R&D library (e) Analytical Research and Quality (Central Analytical Group for R&D). The total organization includes approximately 65 employees based out of Baton Rouge, La.