South Haven, MI, US
South Haven, MI, US
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: South Haven, MI, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Albemarle, we've built a thriving international business by envisioning a limitless future and putting innovation to work to improve people's lives. That's our culture. That's our commitment. And when you join our team, it's an opportunity you share with talented men and women around the globe. Anyone can give you a job. At Albemarle, we believe you deserve more. Something big enough to build a future. Big enough to change the world.
Responsible for the design and installation of all assigned capital projects. The Maintenance Superintendent will specify, order and oversee the installation of approved capital projects. Directs maintenance's short and long term objectives. Trains operations and maintenance personnel to maintain and operate newly installed or modified equipment.
- Specify and procure necessary equipment, material and parts for approved capital projects.
- Direct the work of design engineering firms and contractors; supervise the installation of capital projects to ensure proper and safe installation of the project. Supervise startup of new equipment to ensure satisfactory operation, including IQ/OQ validation.
- Develop and write Standard Operating Procedures for newly installed equipment, provide employees with training in the operation of the equipment before startup.
- Provide documentation on new equipment installation and modifications to existing equipment that meets the requirements of Process Safety Management regulations.
- Work with and oversee the maintenance department to develop necessary preventive maintenance program for all new equipment installations.
- Specify and assist in the procurement of necessary parts, materials and equipment as required for the maintenance department.
- Develop budgetary cost estimates and implementation schedules for proposed capital projects; assist in the development of scope and budget for potential capital projects. Monitor and control costs of projects as necessary to stay within budgetary approvals.
- Observe and troubleshoot problematic plant systems as necessary and recommend possible remedies.
- Develop projected cash flow information for approved capital projects.
- Manage hazardous waste in compliance with regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree must be in chemical engineering.
- BS and 5 years experience or Masters and 3 years experience or PHD and 1 year experience.
- Reliability engineering experience required.
- Six sigma certifications are preferred.
Bachelors: Mechanical Engineering