Pasadena, TX, US
Pasadena, TX, US
Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Pasadena, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Albemarle, we've built a thriving international business by envisioning a limitless future and putting innovation to work to improve people's lives. That's our culture. That's our commitment. And when you join our team, it's an opportunity you share with talented men and women around the globe. Anyone can give you a job. At Albemarle, we believe you deserve more. Something big enough to build a future. Big enough to change the world.
Albemarle Corporation is currently seeking a Research & Technology Engineer III to work in the Catalyst Technology Resources Group at our Bayport Facility. This group develops and champions projects for continuous improvement in refinery catalyst manufacturing. As the local knowledge base owner, the group also takes a leadership role in new product and process scale-up and introduction to the plant.
- Develop refinery catalyst manufacturing expertise in yourself and others.
- Develop and champion initiatives for significant cost, quality, operability and HS&E improvements.
- Participate in debottlenecking efforts
- Provide technical support for product and process scale-up and plant trials / introduction.
- Provide support to operations to resolve any structural technology issues.
- Lead and mentor small groups of engineers to support project efforts.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in an operating plant environment; process design group; or a research and development organization.
- Solid academic background and work history
- Excellent command of material and energy balance calculations.
- Practical knowledge concerning design and operation of common process equipment such as pumps, blowers, heat exchangers, piping, etc.
- Basic instrumentation knowledge (e.g. level, flow, pressure, etc.)
- Working knowledge of basic process economic calculations
- Proven record of working successfully with personnel at all levels of a manufacturing organization.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and implementing projects leading to significant improvements in cost, quality, HS&E, capacity or operability.
- Hands on experience in an operating plant
- Solids handling and processing experience
- Batch operations experience
- Experience in process scale up
- Experience in start-up and commissioning of new process equipment
- Basic process control knowledge
- Basic knowledge of inorganic chemistry
Bachelors: Chemical Engineering (Required), Doctorate: Chemical Engineering