Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Systems Analyst II develops, implements and supports application systems to meet business, and technical needs, within a specified system or solution. This position would deliver well documented program code and prepare code in accordance with Nabors designs and graphic user interface ("GUI") standards. This position will also serve as a first level peer reviewer to System Analyst I.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, codes and/or configures and tests programs from clear specifications to meet business needs and ensure functionality of applications
- Diagnoses and solves common system problems while working under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines in an environment with limited resources
- Assists on projects involving complex interfaces and interdependencies between systems and also integrating multiple solutions
- Participates in systems design, working within an established framework to maximize system efficiency
- Prepares documentation of all procedures used in systems to aid in user training and troubleshooting issues
- Develops detailed flowcharts to show processing logic for simple programs
- May debug systems to provide daily operational support for production systems
- Interfaces with business analyst to clarify requirements
- Participates in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications to determine how applications and processes can be improved
- Tests own work, contributes to the development of test plans and participates in post-implementation reviews to ensure requirements are met
- Monitors the operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance to prevent application or system issues
- Serves as a level of peer review for System Analyst I
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- At least three years of hands-on technical experience with the following technologies:
EPM/ Hyperion platforms
Hyperion HFM, Planning, FDMEE and ODI
Oracle and Essbase environment and architecture in a Windows/Unix environmentEPM 11.1.2.x or higher (including HFM, Planning, Essbase, Financial Reporting, Calc Manager, EPMA, EAS, FDMEE, ARM, CM, ODI and Provider Services)
- Possesses strong knowledge in one or two programming languages, tools and/or technology environments, with the ability to learn and apply knowledge quickly
- Demonstrates an understanding of application development methods, the Project Execution Process, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specification, design, development/configuration, and testing of business applications systems
- More than three years of hands-on technical experience in a current application platform.
- More than one year of functional experience.
- Has a strong working understanding of installed systems, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve many problems on the existing system(s) supported and is aware of integration points with other systems and how that interacts with their work.
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Decision Making
- Process & Analytic Ability
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.